ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Caleb Houstan

Jordan Harper

Head Basketball Analyst
Staff
Dec 28, 2011
Florence, AL
There are rumblings that 5 star and top 10 player Caleb Houstan will be committing this weekend. I have thought Alabama has had a good chance with Houstan, but with him possibly making a surprise commitment I do not feel as good. I haven’t heard much from his camp the past week or so, so I imagine it would not be Alabama. My guess would probably be Michigan. Something to keep an eye on.

Darn, tho it isn't official yet. @mr4bama told us Michigan was our main competition weeks ago. That said, hope y'all realize he knows what he's posting about. This is disappointing if he commits to UM but we will still have an amazing class, assuming we get Bediako. Cardet is an excellent consolation if we don't get Houstan.

Here is what I have heard regarding Houstan’s commitment process. The mother is very controlling, doesn’t let him have social media, etc. The family is originally from Canada and I believe at least some of them are still living there while he’s been playing in high school in Florida. It’s thought that the mom wanted him to be in closer proximity, especially since he went so far away for high school. Michigan is only a 4 hour drive from his hometown in Canada. It sounds like he wanted to be at Bama, but too much force was coming from the family to be closer.

Just got power back on late last night and have been absent from the board since Wednesday. I hate he committed to Michigan, but we need to pick it up with Cardet and some others and see who wants that spot.
Charles Bediako is a must get now.

Just got power back on late last night and have been absent from the board since Wednesday. I hate he committed to Michigan, but we need to pick it up with Cardet and some others and see who wants that spot.
Charles Bediako is a must get now.

Anyone else concerned about Bediako’s lack of athleticism? His video looks really really slow and unexplosive...makes Javian Davis look like Dominique Wilkins. I can’t find a clip where he jumps more than 4-5” off the ground and his dunks barely clear the rim.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT