ADVERTISEMENT

Call me Crazy, but this is a call I would make. Walk on Players are important.

Vaughnbama

All American
Gold Member
Jan 19, 2009
There are legacy Scholarships available to children, whose father's were members of "A Club". Brian Williams was a great Point Guard at Alabama, twice earning All SEC honors. Brian's son. Greedy Williams, played out of position his Freshman year at Northwestern State, and when the season was over he entered the transfer portal. As a result of low stats, he elected to attend Chipola JC next year, rather than accept a lower college scholarship, as it is Alabama that he wants. I think that if Alabama offered him a preferred walk on status with a chance at a scholarship, he would take the chance. I promise you that the young man can play point; however I do not know if he could play effectively in the SEC; however, it would not cost Alabama anything to find out. The worst result is that Alabama would get a second player to practice playing the point guard position. A team, I don't care how good the First eight or nine players may be, is only made better, by having players to practice against. Preferred walk on players are often vital to a teams success.

There are legacy Scholarships available to children, whose father's were members of "A Club". Brian Williams was a great Point Guard at Alabama, twice earning All SEC honors. Brian's son. Greedy Williams, played out of position his Freshman year at Northwestern State, and when the season was over he entered the transfer portal. As a result of low stats, he elected to attend Chipola JC next year, rather than accept a lower college scholarship, as it is Alabama that he wants. I think that if Alabama offered him a preferred walk on status with a chance at a scholarship, he would take the chance. I promise you that the young man can play point; however I do not know if he could play effectively in the SEC; however, it would not cost Alabama anything to find out. The worst result is that Alabama would get a second player to practice playing the point guard position. A team, I don't care how good the First eight or nine players may be, is only made better, by having players to practice against. Preferred walk on players are often vital to a teams success.
lf he gets any financial aid from any other type scholarship he can walk-on and not be counted in all sports, but football and basketball.

I have seen the name Greedy but didn't put it with Brian.
Thanks for sharing that story Vaughn

Reactions: bet9
I remember you bringing this up a little over a month ago and I liked the idea then and I like it even more now. 6’5 pg’s are hard to find. Seems like he has good handles a decent shot from deep and is a crafty finisher at the rim in the highlights that I saw of him.

Reactions: bet9
I know Brian Williams and know he would love for his son to play at Bama but I seriously doubt that he would want his son to be just a practice player if on Scholarship or not. Just a note Brains older brother Tommy back in the day way a fantastic defensive back and had numerous offers to D-I schools but turned them down to pursue basketball I believe at Ga. Southern. This family loves Basketball and they want to compete not sit the bench.

Last edited:
I played many years ago against big Tommy. I have been friends with Brian and Derrick for years. Derrick coached my daughter in High School. I have seen Greedy over the years and I must say that I do not believe that Greedy would be a starter at an SEC School; however, he could be a valuable backup. At Northwestern State, They played Greedy at forward, because they had no height. Greedy cannot play the forward position. Greedy is something that Alabama does not have, a point guard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT