ADVERTISEMENT

Chasing Auburns leadership

JMusso72

All American
Gold Member
Jan 10, 2023
If materials & construction cost go down does anyone think we can build a miniature chicken coop like Auburn?

The OP has one subject he loves to bark about, on this forum and the national forum and it's funny to follow. 😵‍💫

Say what you want about the Barn/ currently best home court atmosphere in the SEC for basketball with the students that close to court.

Alabama has a bunch of 60-70 year old Tide Pride football people sitting court side eating ice cream and sitting on their butts. While many students are sitting in the rafters.

Flame away some of you/ it is the truth.

Say what you want about the Barn/ currently best home court atmosphere in the SEC for basketball with the students that close to court.

Alabama has a bunch of 60-70 year old Tide Pride football people sitting court side eating ice cream and sitting on their butts. While many students are sitting in the rafters.

Just have to get the new stadium and that should be fixed to an extent. Waiting patiently…

Reactions: bet9
Remember that hair-brained plan they had to cut the middle of the South End Zone Upper Deck out and replace it with a jumbotron and some kind of terrace crap? Glad that got scrapped.

Yes they built a nice little coop that just about right for them. I’m 64 years old so all I’ve ever known is Auburn chasing Alabama. I’m not comfortable at all trying to be like them. So, I hope they like their little chicken coop building.

Not flaming anybody, but 18-0 is pretty damn hard to beat. You put a good product on the floor and the fans will have Coleman rockin'.

We had a lot of 8:00pm mid-week games this year and still had good crowds. The big games on weekends had excellent atomospheres.

Not flaming anybody, but 18-0 is pretty damn hard to beat. You put a good product on the floor and the fans will have Coleman rockin'.

We had a lot of 8:00pm mid-week games this year and still had good crowds. The big games on weekends had excellent atomospheres.
Agree completely. Just a big proponent of having more students around the court. They raise more hell than people my age.

Cant argue facts

Cant argue facts
I thought the student section was close to the court and loud when I was at the LSU game. I don’t think it affects the players much after the start of the game. You aren’t aware of the crowd much unless you’re on the bench. All the noise is mostly to pump up the crowd. The money that those 50-70 year olds put into the program affects the game I can assure you that. So, go to the game. Make alot of noise and feel like you’re making a difference. In the mean time maybe those big 50-60 year olds decide to build big for the future even if it means waiting for the right time. I’ll be happy with Coleman and a few more banners hanging above the court.

Reactions: lainey2020
I thought the student section was close to the court and loud when I was at the LSU game. I don’t think it affects the players much after the start of the game. You aren’t aware of the crowd much unless you’re on the bench. All the noise is mostly to pump up the crowd. The money that those 50-70 year olds put into the program affects the game I can assure you that. So, go to the game. Make alot of noise and feel like you’re making a difference. In the mean time maybe those big 50-60 year olds decide to build big for the future even if it means waiting for the right time. I’ll be happy with Coleman and a few more banners hanging above the court.
Students are only by the court around one fifth of entire court/ many are in the rafters. Those 50-65 year olds are an entitled bunch and in many years would not even show up for games and the seats remain empty. Their money does not affect the game/ students create a much louder and tougher environment than older people sitting in their seats all night.
Students deserve those court side seats.

Students are only by the court around one fifth of entire court/ many are in the rafters. Those 50-65 year olds are an entitled bunch and in many years would not even show up for games and the seats remain empty. Their money does not affect the game/ students create a much louder and tougher environment than older people sitting in their seats all night.
Students deserve those court side seats.
Put Good team on the floor and Coleman will be rocking. When I was there it was great. Some of you hard core basketball fans seem a little shell shocked by the years that there wasn’t much support. If the students was so important they would be near the field at the 50 yard line instead of the south end zone of Bryant Denny stadium And if blue hairs money wasn’t important they wouldn’t have added all those sky boxes last year. If money isn’t the driving factor why does Kentucky recruit so well in basketball? I could go on & on about why those old people have those choice seats. But, basically they are the ones that keep the lights turned on. Keep putting a championship team on the floor and the money will be there to compete & recruit against the Arkansas’s & Kentucky’s. But, right now there is holes in the program & shoes to fill.

Reactions: lainey2020
Put Good team on the floor and Coleman will be rocking. When I was there it was great. Some of you hard core basketball fans seem a little shell shocked by the years that there wasn’t much support. If the students was so important they would be near the field at the 50 yard line instead of the south end zone of Bryant Denny stadium And if blue hairs money wasn’t important they wouldn’t have added all those sky boxes last year. If money isn’t the driving factor why does Kentucky recruit so well in basketball? I could go on & on about why those old people have those choice seats. But, basically they are the ones that keep the lights turned on. Keep putting a championship team on the floor and the money will be there to compete & recruit against the Arkansas’s & Kentucky’s. But, right now there is holes in the program & shoes to fill.
Football and basketball are completely different seating and fan wise. Bad comparison. Apples to oranges actually.
Most “ basketball” schools understand the importance of students around the court. Those football suites are just another way to generate money/ and god knows the football program generates plenty.
I am 61 years old and recognize that the students are getting the shaft. Ice cream and entitlement baby.

Students are in college for 4-5 years and pay tuitions that are now ridiculous. They too “ pay” for those seats.

I respectfully disagree. I just don’t think the players are locked in on the students after the game starts. We went and beat Gonzaga & Houston pretty much at home. Then this year Gonzaga came to Birmingham which was basically a home game for us and beat us. I could be wrong but I think this whole argument is some Alabama fans just wants a new building so they feel like they are on a level ground with Auburn. Which makes my stomach turn. And, throw in that there is a lot of envy over the money spent on football. Again competing for the SEC title and being competitive in March will generate the fund by fan’s interest in the program. Start building a dynasty in basketball like our football program has done and you will get all your wishes.

The fact that the media spent so much effort trying to distract this years team tells me that they are worried the Alabama could build a dynasty in both sports. Question? Have you heard anything of the story since we were knocked out of the tournament? It was every day when Alabama was the number one seed. And then just like that it was gone.

Reactions: lainey2020 and bet9
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT