ADVERTISEMENT

CMG NC State Big Trouble

BAMAPG

All American
Jan 11, 2004
More fallout from the FBI case/wire taps etc .....long article ...but the following may make it interesting for the CONVICTED Cheater across the state.
In the article it does not say CMG was involved in any of the wrong doing directly but "presumed responsible". Said another way the CHEATER across the state may say he DID NOT KNOW but if he is treated the same as CMG he can be presumed responsible.

I have two thoughts one I hope Pearl is sent packing forever ... he has been is and will always be a cheater. Two I am not sure it is fair to expect a coach to know what his assistants do on the recruiting trail ...I was warned every day about underage drinking by my dad ... was he guilty when I had a drink prior to turning 21?

From SI....
Gottfried, who was fired by the Wolfpack in 2017 and is currently the head coach of Cal State Northridge, is also accused of engaging in a Level I infraction while at NC State. The Notice of Allegations claims that Gottfried failed in his capacity as a head coach to monitor those who directly reported to him.

More specifically, Gottfried is “presumed responsible” for failing to monitor Early, particularly with respect to Early’s involvement with Gassnola, Farmer and Smith. Gottfried is also accused of failing to monitor benefits provided by the men’s basketball team to recruits. The NCAA justifies a Level I violation on account of the continuousness of Gottfried’s alleged errors and the degree to which those errors advantaged the Wildcats program and, consequently, his collegiate coaching career.

There’s a long list of schools connected to the college basketball corruption scandal. Officials at these schools know that NC State is likely the first of many dominoes to fall. Other schools and their head coaches (for failing to monitor) will probably be next.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News