ADVERTISEMENT

CNO coached his best game in the last 3 games…

I don’t think he did anything different other than play Holt more and some others less. Gurley might have played more too. And we gave up 83.

I hate to be glass half empty, but despite the offensive explosion last night we still sucked overall defensively. He's going to need to fix that for us to make any kind of run. We've lost WAY too many games this year where we scored 76 or more points. You score 80 points a game, you should win all those.

• Wow
Reactions: pfaud001
I hate to be glass half empty, but despite the offensive explosion last night we still sucked overall defensively. He's going to need to fix that for us to make any kind of run. We've lost WAY too many games this year where we scored 76 or more points. You score 80 points a game, you should win all those.
The defense was good most of the game. There were some lapses, but give ole miss some credit. They were hitting shots.

Reactions: BamaNavyCPO
The defense was good most of the game. There were some lapses, but give ole miss some credit. They were hitting shots.
Most of those 3's OM hit were uncontested or late contested shots. Bottom line you don't play good defense and give up 83 points. Ole Miss game aside, we're 318th in the country (out of 358) in Scoring Defense.

Totally disagree. I have attended most of the games and he was not so quick to give the hook to players as he was at Ole Miss. It is a fact.
All season Oats has yanked guys immediately after failing to close out or not fighting for a rebound. He pulled Ellis 1 minute into the Baylor game for not fighting for a rebound. He did it all last year too.

All season Oats has yanked guys immediately after failing to close out or not fighting for a rebound. He pulled Ellis 1 minute into the Baylor game for not fighting for a rebound. He did it all last year too.
...and I am sitting in the stands in B'Ham watching D. Miles continually sluff off of his man on the wing to double down in the post when the ball is being kicked back out to the wing for the three ball. I watched it happen three times before he was yanked.

We all have a right to our opinions. In mine, he should have been yanked sooner. I have seen other similar instances through this season.

Most of those 3's OM hit were uncontested or late contested shots. Bottom line you don't play good defense and give up 83 points. Ole Miss game aside, we're 318th in the country (out of 358) in Scoring Defense.
I will agree some were, but I don't expect perfection. Some on here do. That is fine, but it isn't realistic. Herb Jones was defensive player of the last year, and he still had some lapses. Bama also caused 2 shot clock violations.

...and I am sitting in the stands in B'Ham watching D. Miles continually sluff off of his man on the wing to double down in the post when the ball is being kicked back out to the wing for the three ball. I watched it happen three times before he was yanked.

We all have a right to our opinions. In mine, he should have been yanked sooner. I have seen other similar instances through this season.
Let's be honest. If he yanked everyone off the court immediately for their lack of defense we wouldn't have any players available to play.

• Haha
Reactions: Codie B and OF3052

I agree that’s been a problem with over helping inside all year. And I agree we all have a right to opinions but in your last post you called it a fact so…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT