ADVERTISEMENT

Concussions I just noticed Luke

BAMAPG

All American
Jan 11, 2004
Kueckhly with the Carolina Panthers is going to miss his 3rd game with a concussion. I was at the game where he suffered the concussion and it was not a particularly brutal hit. He is arguable the best MLB in the league ... good for him he signed a huge deal earlier. 29 players who have missed at least one game after they suffered the concussion. This year someone watches from the sidelines and can pull a player out and test if he suspects a concussion ... In 2014 there were 124 instances .. where a player missed at least one game from a concussion.

I have not seen many missing time in the college game ... I don't think we or any of the teams we have faced have held a kid out for game because of a concussion this year .... I think Taylor missed part of a maybe a game last year FSU had 7 reported last year the rest of the Power 5 conference Champions or Co Champions reported 8 combine. I wonder why the college game appears to be safer vs the NFL? All college teams combined had about the same number as the NFL. 2 Schools Colorado and FSU had over 15% of the total. I wonder why 2 years in a row FSU had at 7 or 8 reported concussions? Are they not teaching proper technique? Bad luck?
The SEC had a total of 14 concussions ... # 6 .. The Mountain West was # 1 with 25 players.

The state of Alabama had the 4th most among states with 9 ... 1 each at Bama and AU ... Troy and USA combined for 7.

Interesting data ...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News