ADVERTISEMENT

Conference championships need to be stopped

sh4bama2

All American
Sep 9, 2017
The committee is using conference championships as a playoff game. The only reason the SEC keeps the game is because of $$$$$. The SECCG only hurts the conference which has been proven over and over. AL or Geo both would kill Notre Dame but they are in the playoffs and Geo sits at home.

If conference championships are not going to be stopped, then there needs to be a mandate that ALL teams are forced to join a conference and play in a conference championship (See Notre Dame)> And we need to go to 8 teams, take the conference champion with 3 wild cards. If it were up to me I would mandate that 2 teams from the SEC are chosen every year because the SEC is such a power conference, the 2 and 3 team could probably be competitive in a national playoff. But thats just my .02. I just think other conferences are much weaker overall.

Ifs not fair Notre Dame gets around it and its not fair these other conferences have no shot at the playoffs. Either they are Div 1 or they aren't and they deserve a shot like the other conferences.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News