ADVERTISEMENT

Confidence Level this Game Compared to Years Past?

jd82tide

All American
Dec 21, 2012
Montgomery
How y'all feeling about the matchup? I honestly feel pretty good. This team is just different. I just don't think anyone can really slow us down unless we try to get real cute or take the foot off the gas and can't find it again. Sark has been amazing in finding ways to still get the ball to Smitty. He's done a great job getting Billingsley involved with mismatches and when in doubt our OL is nasty even without Dickerson. Defense does just enough. Improved, but not great. In this era great defenses may be a thing of the past. Need to keep Fields from too many long scrambles, especially on 3rd and long. Having Malachi back would be big. When it comes to FGs I've never felt safer.

In the Saban era here's my list of highest to lowest confidence championship games.

2012 Notre Dame (would have bet my house)
2009 Texas (had been so long felt like we couldn't lose, first title game I'd ever been too)
2020 Ohio St. (just love this team)
2015 Clemson (thought we could control the clock and run over them)
2018 Clemson (that one hurt)
2016 Clemson (worried about Deshaun, Hunter Renfrow lied, long ride home from Tampa)
2017 Georgia (Worried about UGA D at home and good run game, best $2,000 on 2 tix I ever spent)
2011 LSU (wasn't sure we could score more than 14, helped they scored 0)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News