ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone know why Oats has not hired a third coach? Who is in the pool of candidates?

The word is that the new hire has a show cause with the NCAA that expires sometime in June. An announcement is expected shortly after. I’m not a fan of us hiring someone that has run afoul of the rules, but Oats didn’t call and ask for my opinion.
Plus the rules that he broke are probably legal now, and from everything l hear he is a hell of a recruiter. We may need that. l think the other 2 hires are good coaches and may be good recruiters, but neither has any history of being a big time recruiter.

The word is that the new hire has a show cause with the NCAA that expires sometime in June. An announcement is expected shortly after. I’m not a fan of us hiring someone that has run afoul of the rules, but Oats didn’t call and ask for my opinion.
Makes sense .. the Creighton coach is that guy

Coach Oats made a major mistake jtr4dad.

Preston Murphy has been basically in place for a while. Just having to wait out his show cause to expire next month.

Murphy is a top 5 recruiter in the country and will instantly be a huge boost recruiting wise
Can he recruit without getting another show cause?

Reactions: bet9
But he is a fan of non offensive softball and a husband/wife ladies basketball coaching tandem that has won 1 NCAA tourney game in 10 years.

Preston Murphy has been basically in place for a while. Just having to wait out his show cause to expire next month.

Murphy is a top 5 recruiter in the country and will instantly be a huge boost recruiting wise
Looking forward to seeing how Coach Murphy works with Oak an rest of the new staff! . Hoping he has been laying ground work for some big time players while waiting for June to get here

Money can’t be giving to players anymore in rolls with rubber bands. It must be stacked neatly. No longer can it be given in McDonalds bags but has the be packaged in no less than business envelopes.

• Haha
He is hiring Preston Murphy and that in itself is huge. He is putting together an awesome staff.
Let’s just hope that players that have a high percentage is allowed to shoot inside the paint. I feel this will give a huge advantage against teams that guard well on layup’s like the team that tuck us out in March. Harder to defend the fast pace offense.

Let’s just hope that players that have a high percentage is allowed to shoot inside the paint. I feel this will give a huge advantage against teams that guard well on layup’s like the team that tuck us out in March. Harder to defend the fast pace offense.
We shoot inside the paint more than you think, but the offense is meant to spread the D and move.

Reactions: Slowpoke Catracho
We shoot inside the paint more than you think, but the offense is meant to spread the D and move.
There have been those that voiced their displeasure with the lack of movement on our offensive. After reading this I have looked and compared. I can see what they are referring too. In our final game saw JQ driving in for layups that had no chance for success. It appeared to me a few shots inside the paint would have worked. This may have been by design, or it could have been mental weakness on the player, but it cost us from moving to the final 8.

Reactions: RANGER520
There have been those that voiced their displeasure with the lack of movement on our offensive. After reading this I have looked and compared. I can see what they are referring too. In our final game saw JQ driving in for layups that had no chance for success. It appeared to me a few shots inside the paint would have worked. This may have been by design, or it could have been mental weakness on the player, but it cost us from moving to the final 8.
Oats is sold on his system and it works. Plus, with a more NBA feel, it makes it easy to recruit. You are not going to convince him to fundamentally change what he's doing. And I'm sorry, but for anyone for which that's a deal-breaker being a fan, there are many other teams that need fans.

Reactions: xcop and GOBAMA100
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT