ADVERTISEMENT

Early thoughts on Florida.

Vaughnbama

All American
Gold Member
Jan 19, 2009
Florida is an excellent Offensive Football team with a really good QB. Florida was not ready to play Saturday and the Decision to hold out the TE was fatal and uncalled for. If Florida is ready to play, which is a given, they are going to be all the young Alabama Offense can handle. Alabama will benefit because Florida is a one dimensional football team with a limited rushing attack. Florida will score points in this game, I just don't know if they can score enough to win. The game will be decided with the Pitts matchup and can Christian Harris play.

On the Defensive side, Najee is probably licking his chops on this matchup. Florida's line has been porous this season and I don't know if they can stop a cold. Florida does not have a great pass rush, so look for Mack to have time to read his favorite book on most plays. Florida has a really good secondary, so I believe they can take Smith away from the action. This game will be decided by our tight ends and how they perform and Najee catching passes out of the backfield. The hidden factor may be the field. I do not know how long it will take Mack to feel comfortable with the design of the field, as the Dome does not have the usual crown.

I look for a very high scoring game and a 59-42 score would not shock me. In short, if we bring our A game and Florida brings their A game this will be a very high scoring affair. Leave your punters at home for this game. The difference may well be #31 and #8's ability to rush the passer and make Trask feel the heat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News