ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite Bama Hoops Players of All Time

sweetlou_7

All American
Jan 3, 2007
Friend of mine and I were listing our top three favorite Bama basketball players, and was curious what the board thought. Disclaimer: I'm 30 years old, so my list will reflect my youth.

1. Antonio McDyess - Was obsessed with him as a kid. Loved watching him absolutely dominate basketball games.

2. Trevor Releford - Just a great kid. Four year player who stuck it out with our program through some down years. Loved that there was nothing physically impressive about him. He was just a great, smart, crafty point guard who poured himself into the University while he was here and still supports the program.

3. Mikkhail Torrance - Sat on the bench for two years under Gottfried. Although he was dominating practice and seemed to not have any behavioral issues, he sat quietly without making a stink. When Gottfried was fired, the interim immediately made him the starting PG and he was a lot of fun to watch. I think he would have had an NBA career if not for his heart condition.

Honorable mentions: Ronald Steele, Jamychal Green, Antoine Pettway, Richard Hendrix.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News