ADVERTISEMENT

Few observations softball

Ducky Lee

All American
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
I am not to concerned with Montana Fouts this early! Duke is a very good hitting team! One player killed us today! It seemed early that Fouts was concerned about her pitch count, throwing hit able pitches with 0-2, 1-2 counts. That’s not her! Don’t know if that’s the new pitching coach or not. She has changed her pitching motion hiding the ball in her glove. Why I don’t know because almost all her pitches are fast or raise balls! Everyone knows this! I’m not a softball pitching expert but she seemed great this summer!
Hitting Out first four hitters can match up with any team! My biggest concern is that we are not fundamentally sound! We have to have these girls learn how to BUNT! We get a runner on second with no out and don’t advance the runner! This is totally on our hitting coach (Murphy) He has been around long enough to instruct our girls how to sacrifice BUNT!
Defense I am very impressed with our defense so far! We (especially our shortstop) made all the plays today! We hit all the cutoffs correctly!! They seem to be communicating well on defense!
Summary I feel a whole lot better today than last week! We definitely need another pitcher but only time will tell if we have a consistent #2 or not!
Playing These very good (UCLA) teams will make us better and expose our weaknesses that hopefully can be corrected.
Sorry for this long post but these are my observations.
ROLL TIDE ROLL!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News