ADVERTISEMENT

Former teammates, coaches hoping to reunite with Da'Ron Payne in NFL

Tony_Tsoukalas

All American
Staff
Feb 5, 2014

Jonathan Allen and Ryan Anderson are already campaigning with the Washington Redskins. A’Shawn Robinson and Bo Davis might soon do the same with the Detroit Lions. Right now, it seems like all of Da’Ron Payne’s former teammates and coaches are pleading their respective organizations to draft the Alabama defensive tackle.

“I talked to John and Ryan and they said they’ve been trying to push for it,” Payne told reporters at the Indianapolis Convention Center on Saturday while at the NFL Scouting Combine. “I’ve got some meetings set up later on with the Redskins, so I’m going to talk with them. Show them my personality tell them what I have to offer.

Washington, which selected Allen and Anderson last year, has the No. 13 pick in the draft and is in a good position to select Payne if it decides to add a third Alabama player to its defense.

Although, if the Redskins pass on the 6-foot-2, 308-pound defensive tackle, Detroit isn’t too far behind at No. 20. The Lions currently have a former Alabama defensive tackle in Robinson but are in the market to add another one in the draft. What’s more, Detroit recently hired Davis, Payne’s defensive line coach during his freshman season at Alabama, to the same position.

“I wouldn’t mind going out there with him and A’Shawn Robinson,” Payne said. “It’d be like back in the day."

LINK
https://alabama.rivals.com/news/former-teammates-coaches-hoping-to-reunite-with-da-ron-payne-in-nfl

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News