ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball ⚾️ GAME THREAD: Alabama vs. Florida

It’s not. that’s why he needs to shoot some to gain some confidence, where bama has another good scorer coming off the bench
He brings athleticism and on defense he can switch and cover BIGS… in transition offense he is elite in open space

Then when half court comes around he only looks to create and pass .. good teams will scout this and eventually he will just be predictable, if not already.

Reactions: onebamamaniax
We usually play well at Florida. They play well in Coleman. I think Bama wins 80-70

Qn2KeOrsXqI7.gif

Very good win! I know I’m hard on these guys but it’s because they can be a great team when they put it all together.

Reactions: Codie B
We usually play well at Florida. They play well in Coleman. I think Bama wins 80-70
I can't remember ever playing well down there. Maybe before Donavan but he flat owned us for like 17 years. He even swept us in his last and worst season at UF. IIRC we beat a couple of White's early teams down there but it's been a while.

I remember holding our own for 20 or 30 minutes and then being blown out of the gym.

Davison is obviously not shooting because he doesn’t feel he can make it more times than not. He would know better than anybody else. Hopefully, he is putting in extra time working on his shot, because he needs to be able to hit open jumpers to keep the defense honest. I am not saying I truly have faith it will, but if it ever happens, watch out!!!

Reactions: StablerCountry
Davison is obviously not shooting because he doesn’t feel he can make it more times than not. He would know better than anybody else. Hopefully, he is putting in extra time working on his shot, because he needs to be able to hit open jumpers to keep the defense honest. I am not saying I truly have faith it will, but if it ever happens, watch out!!!
JD is in a rough spot. A freshman wall of sorts where he can't figure out how to use the talent he has in the system we're running.

Tonight I thought him coming into the game in the second half just completely stalled our momentum. Our whole rhythm just flipped out of sync for those minutes. We gotta find a way to get him through this stretch before the end of Feb.

JD is in a rough spot. A freshman wall of sorts where he can't figure out how to use the talent he has in the system we're running.

Tonight I thought him coming into the game in the second half just completely stalled our momentum. Our whole rhythm just flipped out of sync for those minutes. We gotta find a way to get him through this stretch before the end of Feb.
True. If he can ever get to the point, though, where he can consistently hit open jump shots, everything should open up for him. Presently, he, obviously, has no faith that he can consistently hit those shots, so the defense realizes this, and he tries to force things, and gets out of control. If he starts taking and making those shots, the defense will be forced to come out and play him, and then he can use his speed and athleticism to drive to the basket, opening up shots and plays for other team members. If this happened, it would offer him much easier passes to make to his teammates. Right now, he is just forcing the action into the teeth of a defense that is sitting back and waiting for him, since they have no fear of him shooting, which is one of the reasons he is turning the ball over so much. The ability to hit those jumpers, I think, should really help him cut down on his turnovers, by not trying to force passes that just aren’t there. Just my two cents.

77-68 Florida.

I feel like the odds of falling on their face are greater than the odds of going off. Not saying Bama is a bad team but so hard to win on the road.
Oh ye of little faith.....

Reactions: frazor
Well it seems like I never learn. I should just never expect Bama to lose again I suppose. Having said that watch them lose by 12 to basement dweller Mizzou saturday.

Very happy for the win but in all seriousness that was one of the worst UF teams I have seen in a while. Was expecting them to have a little more than a 7 foot white boy.

Reactions: Codie B and winin11
Well it seems like I never learn. I should just never expect Bama to lose again I suppose. Having said that watch them lose by 12 to basement dweller Mizzou saturday.

Very happy for the win but in all seriousness that was one of the worst UF teams I have seen in a while. Was expecting them to have a little more than a 7 foot white boy.
I think our defensive intensity and blue collar identity is getting better and better as the season progresses.
We will clock Mizzou

Reactions: frazor
I can't remember ever playing well down there. Maybe before Donavan but he flat owned us for like 17 years. He even swept us in his last and worst season at UF. IIRC we beat a couple of White's early teams down there but it's been a while.

I remember holding our own for 20 or 30 minutes and then being blown out of the gym.
I am talking after the Grant years. We have blown them out on the road several times. They have blown us out at home a few times, too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT