ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball ⚾️ Game thread: Alabama vs. Furman

Dude not Herb hater. I hate when pipes say that about people that do complain about him not hitting the easy shot. He is our guy and he is unbelievable defensively and tonight he helped us win. So just enjoy the win and stop worrying about being right. Haha! Roll Tide my friend
Same. I like herb. But there's no reason to act like he's dominant. Size and position help with stats. But dude is a walk clank off the rim and sub par ball handler. I'll roll with him but it is what it is

I feel like Shack has still been more consistent from 3 this year. But I'd have to check the stats. You probably have the better point because this is shacks 2nd straight bad shooting game after starting the season hot. The game was far to fast for primo tonight. Completely lost on d
I don’t expect Petty or Shack to have many more games shooting so poorly. Here’s the difference, imo: Shack will not stop (and not in a good way). He will continue to put his head down and drive having. I clue where the basket is... and it really costs us. Petty will try to let the game come to him.

Just don't understand why this team can't easily take care of business against much lesser programs with all of the talent on the roster.

BTW...Clemson just lost to an unranked Va Tech tonight.
Because basketball is all about matchups. Seniors also matter. There is no longer a home court advantage. These are several reasons.

Clemson was gigantic and physical. They got every rebound and pushed us around. Bama did that to Furman tonight in the second half.

I don’t expect Petty or Shack to have many more games shooting so poorly. Here’s the difference, imo: Shack will not stop (and not in a good way). He will continue to put his head down and drive having. I clue where the basket is... and it really costs us. Petty will try to let the game come to him.
I would have liked ellis in more. He brought energy at the end of the 1st for sure.

Just don't understand why this team can't easily take care of business against much lesser programs with all of the talent on the roster.

BTW...Clemson just lost to an unranked Va Tech tonight.
Defense is one thing. We are so undisciplined and out of position way too much. Oats like pressure obviously. We need to worry about containing the dribble. And if we get halfway beat and 2 guys help, whether we needed help or not. We over help a lot. Defense has to be there every night and we are far from that.

Because basketball is all about matchups. Seniors also matter. There is no longer a home court advantage. These are several reasons.

Clemson was gigantic and physical. They got every rebound and pushed us around. Bama did that to Furman tonight in the second half.
Both teams are super good. Vt had 1 loss

Reactions: sbisteve
Dude not a Herb hater. I hate when people say that about people that do complain about him not hitting the easy shot. He is our guy and he is unbelievable defensively and tonight he helped us win. So just enjoy the win and stop worrying about being right. Haha! Roll Tide my friend
There’s a lot of people on here that say stuff like Herb should never drive to the rim, should never shoot, etc.

Does he look pretty doing it? Hell no but his leadership is something this team desperately needs

Reactions: pfaud001
Petty made some plays down the stretch on offense without scoring that helped us win.

Totally. He plays hard every game. I pretty much don’t want him to leave the floor.
tenor.gif

Roll Tide basketball brothers! I know it was only Furman, but I will go to bed with a big smile across my face.
I will too if I can ever fall asleep. My heart was pounding so hard that second half I don’t know when I’ll be able to fall asleep

• Haha
Imo, this team just has too many players trying prove themselves in a short period of time and it causes all of them to just do stupid impatient stuff.
Too many players rotating and playing too little minutes.

If I'm not mistaken, Oats said that Gary is still being held back by the medical staff. They are only allowing him a certain number of minutes right now. Good win tonight. Ugly but good. We need to give the guys some energy drinks to start the game. They always seem sluggish to start the game and end up playing catch up. A win like this can go a long way.

I never thought I’d see the day that we say herb is a major contributor on the offensive end . On a side note , very concerning that shack missed those late game ft’s ... glad we was ahead enough that it didn’t matter
I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but when Herb let’s the game come to him he can be a major contributor on the offensive end it’s when he tries to force things he is a turnover machine. I think he was 7-16 from the floor, but he had some huge buckets for us tonight.

Roll Tide!!!!

Roll Tide basketball brothers! I know it was only Furman, but I will go to bed with a big smile across my face.
What are you talking about my friend, I risk $810 to win $300 on the money line tonight. I never like laying 270, but I really felt good. Needless to say at the half I was already looking ahead to Saturday.

Roll Tide!!!!

Weekly PSA: While scoring points is nice, you don't have to fill up the PTS column on the stat sheet to play effective minutes.

Nice gritty come from behind win tonight.

Reactions: mtmax and pfaud001
That isn't coaching. We all know many great athletes that dominate practice. But aren't gamers. They get out there and revert to old habits. This is his 2nd year. He has to undue all the absolute trash coaching avery brought. The end of that half looked much better though! Gettimg his players years under him isn't an overnight fix
I would say figuring out who your gamers are and who your practice All Americans are is part of coaching.

I would say figuring out who your gamers are and who your practice All Americans are is part of coaching.
And he obviously did. Thats why the 2nd half lineup looked so different and we got the dub with a 17 pt comeback versus a mid major conference champ that will be in the tournament. ALL DUE TO COACHING

Reactions: michael1965
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT