ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball ⚾️ Game Thread: Alabama vs. LSU

Ughhh. Come on can’t miss 3 threes in a row after rebounding and then give up 2 on the other end. 2 uncontested ones

Maybe this is why coach doesn’t call timeouts. We can’t defend or hit a shot now

Defense has been an issue, but can’t say that offense isn’t an issue. Last year cast remember a time we missed this many 3’s and many of them open 3’s. Offense is a problem and a big one.

Trivia Q:
Who has the largest collection of timeouts at home, Saban or Oats?

He was definitely fouled but man he has not helped us tonight. I know his rebounds are decent, but just wished we had the lineup for him to play less minutes.

not sure we can pull this one out. Haha! For real not sure we know how to win right now. We should win this one, but we continue not to just end it. Really tough. Just need to win it!

Reactions: Sweetlou2.0
Please take Gurley out. I don’t care put Bediako in. Gurley right now can’t hit

Mised 15 3 attempts in the 2nd half. Ugghhh
Couldn’t hit a free throw at the end until Keon came up.
We won!!

Reactions: Codie B
This win did NOTHING for my confidence in this team! They still look super weak and sloppy for long spurts every game! They blew a 13 point lead in the blink of an eye and this LSU team is bad on offense! This Alabama team still has an easy 5 losses ahead of them, because the are terrible shooting team maybe worse than the teams Grant use to try and score with!🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Reactions: StablerCountry
As I have stated MANY times before, shooting was my biggest concern heading into this season. I guess I was not concerned enough, because it isn’t a real concern anymore, it is just REALLY BAD presently.

Not to make a mountain out of a mole hill but did anybody notice the celebration by the players after the buzzer? That's right, there wasn't one. Guys just walked around telling each other good game.

Oats needs to get his head out of his ass. Up 13, get three straight offensive rebounds and they take nothing but 3s. All deeper than the previous shoot. All the while, they have been in the penalty since the 12-minute mark. No attacking the basket, just throw up shitty 3 point shot after shitty 3 point shot.

Then with a minute or so left in the game you don't draw up one freaking play to get the best FT shooter in the SEC the ball until 5 seconds remaining. I'm at the game watching Ellis screen for other players to get the ball. Had they lost, poor coaching would have been a big reason why.

Lsu uglies up every game they play this year so I’m truly just happy to get the win despite so many things to be frustrated about.

the shooting is just so bad right now it HAS to turn around in our favor soon. This team appears to me to have a case of the “don’t blow its.” Trying to live up to lifted expectations and feeling the season slipping away a bit. We needed to get back in the win column now we need 2 get right games and build some confidence.

20 percent would be doable blindfolded

Reactions: BIGRON930
Not to make a mountain out of a mole hill but did anybody notice the celebration by the players after the buzzer? That's right, there wasn't one. Guys just walked around telling each other good game.
Our guys have the on-court energy of a 13 year-old emo kid with an imaginary friend.

Reactions: frazor
Another tough loss by reading all these comments. They needed a win and got one against a top 15 team.

Another tough loss by reading all these comments. They needed a win and got one against a top 15 team.
Man I’ll take the W for sure but don’t feel great about LSU missing two starters most of the game. We need to learn how to finish. Defense was very good most of the game and JQ off the bench worked. Need to get our skinny big guys in the weight room or Duncan Donuts. This team can go sweet 16 or miss the tourney. Coach needs to earn his money and stop blaming players. You recruited these guys, get them to play.

No leaders on this team. The last years’ team was coached by Herbert Jones. He held the group to a standard and now we don’t have that alpha dog. At the end of the game their play left me scratching my head. At this level the players should be able to kill 5 seconds by dribbling or getting fouled Immediately.

Again dumb back to back plays. Shack and then again Gurley.
I blame whoever called an inbound play that was lobbing it up to Gurley with no screens, no movement, no nothing. Why can’t we run inbound sets with screening, screening for screeners, etc and trying to get the ball to the guys we want it to? Especially at the end of the game, we know they are going to foul. Why throw it in to Gurley?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT