ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread: Alabama vs. Mississippi State (SEC tournament)

I've seen football games that were not this physical. Rojas has had no fouls called on him in the first half. I saw four b

The shocker is that Alabama's starters only have three fouls at half and two were on Shackelford.

In Sixty+ years of watching Bama Basketball that may have been the best half that I have ever seen. I just hope they come out in the second half with intensity, as this game is far from over. I hope there is no let down.

Not surprising, but radio just said left knee injury for Primo and he will not return. No more information than that.

As good as I think miles can be he's definitely not a point guard. If he logs significant minutes with a good pg he's going to get a ton of looks from 3.

This Bama team was in zone today. If they can continue to play like this, this team has a chance at final 4.

Only negative is injury to Primo. And he was setting into a zone.

Reactions: BamaNavyCPO
That was a complete game, and to me the highlight stat is 9 turnovers.
Primo injury is a real bummer, hope it’s not something really serious. He played some fabulous defense today and made some shots.

Primo injury is a big blow if it’s as serious as it looked. Could tell he was just starting to come out of the shooting slump he was in. Have no concerns with Ellis stepping into his role and not having much, if any, drop off.
Aside from Primo, this game went about as well as it possibly could have. Getting to rest the starters so much will pay dividends for sure. If we continue to play this way, we win this tournament fairly easily.

From here on this Bama team is playing in games this program hasn't seen or been a part of in decades if ever.

When was the last time we played in a Sat SEC tournament game? Early 00s with Gottfrieds teams that could never finish on Sun?

Probably got a 2 seed locked in now so that will be rare air for this program.

This game looked like the LSU game. I loved their focus and hustle. We are just getting started.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT