ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball ⚾️ Game Thread: Alabama vs. No. 4 Baylor

kyle h

All American
Staff
Feb 3, 2005

The Crimson Tide and Bears will tipoff at 3 p.m. CT on ESPN (SATURDAY)

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The Alabama men’s basketball team will step outside of conference play for the final time during the 2021-22 regular season when it takes on the No. 4/4 Baylor Bears in the Big 12/SEC Challenge on Saturday afternoon. The contest, which will be televised on ESPN, is set to tip off at 3 p.m. CT.

This year marks the sixth time Alabama has competed in the annual Big 12/SEC Challenge, which enters its 10th season in 2022. It is also the second time the Crimson Tide and Baylor will square off in the annual event, with the Bears securing a 73-68 victory on Jan. 26, 2019 in Waco, Texas. In last season's Challenge, Alabama fell at Oklahoma 66-61 to drop to 3-2 overall in the event. The Tide's three wins all came in home games: Kansas State (77-74 in 2020), Oklahoma (80-73 in 2018) and Texas Tech (76-64) in 2013, which was the first year of the annual event.

Baylor is the third team from the 2021 NCAA Final Four that the Tide will compete against this year – the only team in the nation to have three of last year's Final Four teams on its schedule. Alabama is 2-0 in those contests, defeating then-No. 3 Gonzaga (91-82 in Seattle) and then-No. 14 Houston (83-82 in Tuscaloosa).

Reactions: StablerCountry
You got it. What’s missing is the defensive intensity. Great D creates opportunities for playing fast on O. Our boys on THIS years team have to buy into that. I’ve seen nothing but lax D all year and then it’s individual play on O.
Very accurate. Baylor is the biggest challenge of the year/ physical in the post and physical on the perimeter. Tide better come ready get it on.

I think we all know how this one will play out. We’ll play a gritty, competitive game… lose by 3… then also lose the next 3

• Haha
Reactions: bet9
Afraid something is going on with this team beyond the basketball court. Believe we need some players to step up and become leaders
Bingo, we have a winner....
Wish I knew what it is with these players but something isn't right. They need to have a great game and get back on track, but I just don't believe it's going to happen.

Sure would like to see the team that played Gonzaga show up.
If that team shows up we could win by double digits. We'll see. I'm hoping Baylor's James Akinjo keeps resting his back and sits this one out to be ready for the Big-12 stretch run.
Baylor isn't great at defensive rebounding, and we do at least hit the offensive boards, so hoping to see a lot of second chance points.
Bediako played great vs Gonzaga and if we can get six blocks out of him again, that'll help.
JD played better last few games as a starter and I bet this game cranks his motor too.
Probably will come down to Quinerly and Shack making enough shots. Maybe Keon will get locked in on offense today. No doubt Baylor has players and this will be a wild up and down game.
Hope to see the Tide Pride people show up early to compliment the great student section, WEAR WHITE, and make Coleman Coliseum a huge advantage for us today. ROLL TIDE

This Bama team may be on the collapse alert today. I look for them to lose by about 14.

Usually all my predictions go the other way. So I guess we will see.

Bama goes 28/35 from the free throw line and wins.
At the snap of my finger, you will awaken from a deep sleep.

source.gif

This Bama team may be on the collapse alert today. I look for them to lose by about 14.

Usually all my predictions go the other way. So I guess we will see.
The way we play today will tell me a lot. Win or lose I want to see a team play together and with a sense of urgency

Scared that we will mail it in after that BS Tuesday. Will Oats lose this team or rally them together?

Last edited:
Baylor will show Alabama what defensive intensity and effort look like. Players will get a first hand look.

Well. The barn game has gone to overtime so we 've got to wait a while before we can watch this brutality. Just gettin' warmed up ,too.

Bama makes shots and all of the sudden they will be good again…keep shooting poorly and they will keep struggling.

Not the only stat that matters, but it’s the most important by far and takes big gaps in a couple of others to bridge a significant shooting difference.

#FinishThePlay #MakeYourShots

We should post Shack. Him against a guy his size in the post, he’d get a good shot. He just had their big one on one in the post pretty much on an off reb and scored.

There is NOOOOOOOOOOO energy in this God awful building!🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️💀💀🤬🤬

Well Baylor can shoot the 3. And their defensive pressure is serious. But the guy that just made two 3’s just got his 3rd foul, so that’s a bonus.
Our half court offense has to evolve. Ball screen and then somebody has to be better than their defender.

Guys are playing hard…this team can be good when they play this hard…if they knock down open shots too, then they can play with anyone anywhere. I so want them to put it all together and see how far they can go. #RTR

Someone watching on TV, tell me that I saw a pick and roll with Bediako in that 1st half.

JQ is bringing the energy, never understood why some here thought he didn't every game, but in this game the rest of the guys are following him.

Bama needs to find a way to get Ellis going. And they should never go more than 2 possessions without attacking the basket, unless they somehow gets hot from 3.

JQ for the last few games hasn't brought the energy and has not been confident in his shot.

@aggietider, this definitely doesn't feel like we are just hanging on. Bama dominated the first half against a team that's as good if not a little better than Bama. If Bama can keep it up the 2 half down goes #4.

Someone watching on TV, tell me that I saw a pick and roll with Bediako in that 1st half.

JQ is bringing the energy, never understood why some here thought he didn't every game, but in this game the rest of the guys are following him.

Bama needs to find a way to get Ellis going. And they should never go more than 2 possessions without attacking the basket, unless they somehow gets hot from 3.
He rolled but the help was just standing there to take him bc the other 3 people were just watching like normal.

Hopefully we can keep this energy up for the rest of the game. Lot of time left. So impressed with our guys so far today.

Reactions: onebamamaniax
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT