ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread: No. 10 Alabama at No. 18 Missouri

his dumb butt shouldn't have taken it. Ellis the only one who needed the ball in his hands. everyone knew he would clank that at the rim. he did absolutely nothing today.
Dumb butt? You’re an idiot. He’s not a great finisher. But he didn’t call the play. Oats wanted the ball in his hands. Crazy to want the ball in the hands of the possible SEC POTY isn’t it? I love Herb but I don’t want it in his hands at that time. But Oats does, so it was. We wouldn’t be anywhere close to where we are without Herb.

herb smart as a box of rocks if he thinks he could have won that game with 5 pts and 4 fouls. jq and ellis did amazing getting us back into it. hats off to them. sad herb still has that Avery mentality on offense.

• Haha
Reactions: onebamamaniax
They play frantic and have a chance to win. Herb comes in misses a layup gets blocked trying a shot with no chance and we lose. Herb needs to be a defensive stopper and let the offensive players play offense

Reactions: Rolldamnbrice
Last 2 plays that was ran for herb should have been petty . I told myself before we come out the timeout the first time that petty should get it due to herbs back effecting his play offensively . Both was great calls just wrong guy . I was dying on the inside watching both plays ran for herb. I love the kid , but he’s hurt . Thought coach would realize that after he missed the first open layup . This is on oats .good fight to come back . RMFT!!!

Bama played like crap, but you can’t miss that call on Herb...dude tried to avoid it but he still landed on Herb’s back and it’s a basic automatic call
herb should have never been in that position. pass the freaking ball. you've sucked the entire game. jq and ellis brought us back. ellis should have had it and was WIDE open on the 1st drive by herb. idiot

Proud of the effort at the end of the game. Oats needs to have the team shoot and make 200 contested layups at the end of practice instead of 100 3s. (g)

Reactions: BamaNavyCPO
Last 2 plays that was ran for herb should have been petty . I told myself before we come out the timeout the first time that petty should get it due to herbs back effecting his play offensively . Both was great calls just wrong guy . I was dying on the inside watching both plays ran for herb. I love the kid , but he’s hurt . Thought coach would realize that after he missed the first open layup . This is on oats .good fight to come back . RMFT!!!
herb was supposed to hit a wide open ellis on the 1st drive. he just decided to drive because thats what he does. even though he absolutely sucked all game.

Reactions: Tojo Bamamoto
We didn’t deserve to win the game the way we played the first 30 minutes, but I am sick and tired of our guys getting mugged on a layups and the refs swallowing their whistle! Call it the same way for both teams or get out of the business. If it’s a foul the first 5 minutes of a game, then it’s a foul the last minute of the game.

Petty isn’t probably worse driving the ball and around the basket than Herb. Should have probably been JQ or Ellis at the end of this one. I know JQ has struggled but late in the game, the ball has to be in the PG’s hands for him to make the play or get somebody open.

herb was supposed to hit a wide open ellis on the 1st drive. he just decided to drive because thats what he does. even though he absolutely sucked all game.
You know the play that was drawn up? Herb had a great look at that point in the game and missed it. He’s not a great finisher. Oats obviously wants to win or lose with Herb. Saban would do the same.

Reactions: Bhug
You know the play that was drawn up? Herb had a great look at that point in the game and missed it. He’s not a great finisher. Oats obviously wants to win or lose with Herb. Saban would do the same.
You DO NOT give the ball to someone TWICE to win a game who is injured and had contributed basically nothing on the offensive end all game. Just ridiculous.

Petty isn’t probably worse driving the ball and around the basket than Herb. Should have probably been JQ or Ellis at the end of this one. I know JQ has struggled but late in the game, the ball has to be in the PG’s hands for him to make the play or get somebody open.
I was just saying , petty has been there before , late game situations . He’s a senior , he needed to step up with herb being hurt . You could tell all game herbs back was bothering him, but credit is due for him fighting through it . Just disappointing considering we had 2 ,3 shots to tie/take lead and couldn’t convert one time . I believe if we made one basket our d was going to close out for us.

Its what Avery gets for relying on southern recuits. Thats why we have got so much better. our bench. and our bench is primarily not from the south. Hs basketball isn't taught in the south. we are good. but not setup with older leadership to come out of a game like this versus a team like this.
I hope you recant some of your crap today. I am not reading the full thread to see if you did. This is not a team that would be anywhere without Herb, Petty, Reese, or Shackleford. All Avery recruits. I don’t care who recruited them. I just know they love the tide and all of them could have transferred. They didn’t and I am thankful for that.

Do not give the ball to someone who is not a “great finisher”. Maybe Oats was hoping for a whistle- but you are not going to get that on the road in the final seconds.
Look- it was a miracle Alabama had any chance to win with the way they played for 34 minutes. But they had 2 chances to completely steal a huge win and an injured Herb is the answer twice?

You DO NOT give the ball to someone TWICE to win a game who is injured and had contributed basically nothing on the offensive end all game. Just ridiculous.
I probably wouldn’t pick Herb there but Oats obviously trust him. The injury doesn’t make the decision. If he can play in the game, and that’s where you want the ball, that’s where it goes. I’d rather go with someone else but obviously Oats would rather win or lose with Herb.

Do not give the ball to someone who is not a “great finisher”. Maybe Oats was hoping for a whistle- but you are not going to get that on the road in the final seconds.
Look- it was a miracle Alabama had any chance to win with the way they played for 34 minutes. But they had 2 chances to completely steal a huge win and an injured Herb is the answer twice?
Well I watch them every game. There isn’t a great finisher. Oats decided to win or lose with his guy.

Reactions: pfaud001
I probably wouldn’t pick Herb there but Oats obviously trust him. The injury doesn’t make the decision. If he can play in the game, and that’s where you want the ball, that’s where it goes. I’d rather go with someone else but obviously Oats would rather win or lose with Herb.
Now that is ridiculous if true. Exact same thing happened vs Western Kentucky.

He is ridiculous. But Herb should not have been the option with the game on the line.
I completely agree... but it’s clear oats disagrees with both of those. Clearly designed plays for Herb. He did the same on three straight possessions against WKU

Severe Reality check. Please stop with the #1 seed and Final Four garbage. Teams with those abilities do not ever perform like this today. Ever. A ridiculous effort.
They never lose by 3 on the road to the second place team in their conference??

Reactions: pfaud001
They never lose by 3 on the road to the second place team in their conference??
For 34 minutes it was ridiculous basketball in every facet. Great last five minutes of what would have been a comeback for the ages but the ball goes to an injured Jones twice in final 25 seconds with other options.

Reactions: Gh165
No matter how/why it happened/ but that is in itself mind blowing.
I don’t disagree with what you’re saying about Herb having the ball. I think JQ or Ellis should have had those last 3 possessions somehow. And that last full court play with 3-4 seconds, it looked like JQ was setting a flare or something for Shack. Why don’t we run that for Petty instead of Shack? And why run it to Shack on the left side where he’s moving left when he catches it? That has his body turned the wrong way to catch and shoot.

Bama missing 9 FTs (57%) really hurts even more since the game was pulled so tight...that and Reese/Rojas going 2 for 12 from the floor. In such a close game almost anything could be the difference, but those jump out of the stats pretty hard.
Rojas should never be taking any 3’s.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT