ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball ⚾️ Game thread: No. 19 Alabama basketball vs. No. 14 Tennesee

Wins a win. Eventually the shots are gonna start falling. That was a good team even without their 2 starters. JDs gotta figure it out. Gonna need him down the stretch

Whew

We were headed for an L when we finally got enough activity on offense to get over the hump. Gurley was basically seen as a wasted scholarship around here and he had almost 1/3 of our points tonight and 10 boards.

Reactions: Crimsontide3413
If we let Tenn steal a game in our gym when they're missing they're best player it doesn't bode well for this team in January. A rough stretch once we get going next week. We should be up by 10 or more right now.
Wow... life for a few seconds.

That shot that Shack hit was stupid. Wild, out of control, probably couldn't even see the rim... yet it went in LOL

That's what JD needs to see himself do a couple of times. Even if he messes up he's too damn strong and jumps too damn high to hang out 20 feet from the basket.

Reactions: TideFever
This team found a way to win! But they will not finish top 4 in the SEC with this type of rebounding and shooting!🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Reactions: theminer1
Got another week to work out what can be worked on and then this schedule gets rolling.

JD needs to get it figured out soon. I'm not sure we can afford to bench him but 8 turnovers tonight is brutal. Almost as bad were the dozen or so possessions where we're moving the ball and the court is still somewhat open and he just sits on the ball while Tenn settled into playing defense. So he tried to push against a wall at times and other times he didn't trust a 1v1 in transition when he probably could have gotten to the rim.

Great effort down the stretch. We need to play with more energy during the course of the game and I think we will have an opportunity to have another great season. We need more productivity from behind the arc as well which has been missing at times.

Reactions: TideFever
The obvious key to this team is our 4 guard have to play and shoot well. They are taking turns slumping right now. If we can get them all rolling at the same time we will light the scoreboard up.

Reactions: vegas man
To each his own, but I enjoyed watching the NBA in the 80’s and 90’s, just like I enjoy watching today's NBA.

The watered down remark just shows your ignorance on the subject. Today's player on a roster 1-12 is more skilled today than the players in the past. You can't hold and call it defense today like you could back then.

You can't try to intimidate a player by fouling them hard just because you're not athletic enough to stop them from getting to the rim. That wasn't basketball IMO, it was cheap and it allowed lesser-skilled players to remain in
My gripe about the game is the flopping and the overuse of the 3 by players who shouldn't be shooting them, but that's transitioned to the college and HS games...

Far from ignorant/ by the way you use that word way too much. The NBA today simply represents the complete entitlement and wussification of our society in general. Guys like JD and Primo would have never sniffed a roster spot back in the day.

Far from ignorant/ by the way you use that word way too much. The NBA today simply represents the complete entitlement and wussification of our society in general. Guys like JD and Primo would have never sniffed a roster spot back in the day.
I tend to use the word ignorant when it seems appropriate. Unfortunately for you, that appears to be rather often.

Actually, JD would have likely been more of a NBA prospect in the 90s because not being a great 3 point shooter was not viewed as a liability. His speed, athleticism, and ability to attack the rim would have been more valuable.

But hey, keep living in the past thinking everything from our youth was so much better...

Reactions: jtr4dad
I remember a lot of y'all saying that about Primo. I will say the same thing about JD that I said about Primo; he is going to be a 1st round draft pick. The NBA is a different game and JD has far too much potential to pass up.
Primo could light it up. JD lights up nothing but rebounds. Will he develop? Of course. Not players can make as much if not more than Gleague less will go.

He's hitting a freshman wall right now.

He's an elite athlete, can finish in traffic above the rim. He rebounds well for a PG He has to work on his 3 point shooting but no better place to work on it than at the next level with better coaches and no worries about going to school.

If you watch some of his HS tapes, he's better at shooting the mid-range than the 3 at this point but shooting the mid-range isn't a part of Bama’s system. He's a Russell Westbrook type of player and there will be team's that will fall in love with his explosiveness.
That wall has hit him all but 1 game haha. You can tell he played small level basketball in Alabama outside of aau

I do not know where JD's head was last night but it was not in Coleman . He is supposedly better than he showed last night and to be Named the Top Player in Alabama seems very suspect to me right now. Everyone has a bad game every now and then but he absolutely at times seems to have no court awareness . I know he will improve! RTR

If hes still turning it over at 28% you still think so? Not trying to be a smart ass but legit question. Theirs been no real improvement from that. And I dont think hes got a good enough shot to make up for it.
I agree

That was a great win considering the awful shooting night. Still don’t think that’s a recipe for consistent success. Fantastic job stepping up late last night by everyone
No its not a recipe for consistent success. But finding a way to win ranked games seems to be something they are good at early in the year. And thats all that matters

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT