ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball ⚾️ Game thread: No. 19 Alabama basketball vs. No. 14 Tennesee

JD best asset far and away is his rebounding. He’s a pretty good rebounder for his size

I remember a lot of y'all saying that about Primo. I will say the same thing about JD that I said about Primo; he is going to be a 1st round draft pick. The NBA is a different game and JD has far too much potential to pass up.
If hes still turning it over at 28% you still think so? Not trying to be a smart ass but legit question. Theirs been no real improvement from that. And I dont think hes got a good enough shot to make up for it.

Alabama is on a 10-0 run and has tied Tennessee at 33 with 21.6 seconds remaining in the first half. The Volunteers haven't scored in 3:02

Gotta get back to moving the ball. Dont understand why when we are struggling we stop moving the ball and try ball screens and one on one crap...

Reactions: Codie B
Halftime: Alabama 33, Tennessee 33

Alabama ended the half on a 10-0 run capped off by a long-range 3 from Jaden Shackelford.

Coach oats needs to implement the rule that gurley and Gary get one 3pt attempt per
Game… geez could build the whole block
With those bricks

Reactions: BamaNavyCPO
You may be correct… but I find it hard to believe a team uses a 1st round pick on a guy who doesn’t have a true offensive game, turns the ball over, and plays average defense
He's hitting a freshman wall right now.

He's an elite athlete, can finish in traffic above the rim. He rebounds well for a PG He has to work on his 3 point shooting but no better place to work on it than at the next level with better coaches and no worries about going to school.

If you watch some of his HS tapes, he's better at shooting the mid-range than the 3 at this point but shooting the mid-range isn't a part of Bama’s system. He's a Russell Westbrook type of player and there will be team's that will fall in love with his explosiveness.

Oof, ugly ugly basketball tonight. 4-16 from 3 point... some really awful turnovers from JD (5 of them)... but it's somehow tied.

The only thing keeping us in it is Tenn missing a key player and I thought they got a bit gassed late in the half. If they are all on court we're in trouble right now IMO. Play like this against the barn the way they're playing and the game is over already.

And who would have guessed Gurley would be the one keeping us in it until we finally hit an outside shot or two.

Reactions: Codie B
Jd just needs to let loose. He’s too worried about passing. Go try to score some. Herb, Petty and Reese aren’t looking so bad are they?
Agree about scoring. When it’s end of shot clock and he’s forced to drive he scores most of the time. Attack early. He’ll drive soft then turn around and poorly lob a pass out. Turnover city

If hes still turning it over at 28% you still think so? Not trying to be a smart ass but legit question. Theirs been no real improvement from that. And I dont think hes got a good enough shot to make up for it.
I do; his game will translate better in the NBA. There isn't an NBA coach who doesn't think they can get him in the gym and work on his two weakness, TO and hitting the 3. He has some things that can't be coached and that is what will get him drafted.

Reactions: Sweetlou2.0
I do; his game will translate better in the NBA. There isn't an NBA coach who doesn't think they can get him in the gym and work on his two weakness, TO and hitting the 3. He has some things that can't be coached and that is what will get him drafted.
You’re correct. I’ll be disappointed if he doesn’t pick it up for us though. I know he’s a good player but… we need him to be the good player now lol

JD still has plenty of time to show his value.

All he has to do is put it together in late Feb and show out in March and he'll be a lottery pick. When it works for him he stands out on any college court. When he rushes into the lane without a plan he looks like a kid not used to most players being able to stay in front of him.

I think it’s outrageous that he’ll be drafted but I agree he will be.

Reactions: rsaxoniii
Jd just needs to let loose. He’s too worried about passing. Go try to score some. Herb, Petty and Reese aren’t looking so bad are they?
Hard to say. You can definately see how passive he is. Even on misses he doesn't put pressure on the D when he brings the ball up the court. Love em or hate em Shack and Q throw caution to the wind and go balls to walls towards the basket. Kid has to be suffering from confidence issues. Couldn't tell you the last time I saw him go to the rim with bad intentions.

Reactions: TideFan35
I remember a lot of y'all saying that about Primo. I will say the same thing about JD that I said about Primo; he is going to be a 1st round draft pick. The NBA is a different game and JD has far too much potential to pass up.
That is why the NBA sucks. Such a watered down league compared to the past. And Primo was better than JD at this point.

Reactions: jd82tide
Y’all can tell me about potential and ceiling but what does JD do right now that makes him NBA even close? He jumps high. I love the kid and hope he leads us to the title but right now he’s a walking turnover, no outside shot, and routinely gets lost on D letting former auburn scrubs knock down easy baskets on us. JQ gonna have to carry us. Great minutes from Gurley. Shack needs to find it. We win this game by playing harder and rebounding. Tennessee mailing best player and another good one and we’re barely hanging on. Keon needs to step up and help. Come on Bama!!!!! Leggo!!!

Reactions: WAR_GA
Hard to say. You can definately see how passive he is. Even on misses he doesn't put pressure on the D when he brings the ball up the court. Love em or hate em Shack and Q throw caution to the wind and go balls to walls towards the basket. Kid has to be suffering from confidence issues. Couldn't tell you the last time I saw him go to the rim with bad intentions.
100% agree. He slows out offense down immensely when he’s in.

That is why the NBA sucks. Such a watered down league compared to the past. And Primo was better than JD at this point.
10000000% agree. Primo was two years away and he was licked 12th in the first round. I think JD may get drafted on social media highlites from JD???? Herb Jones stayed and developed a game and he actually plays in the NBA and contributes. I don’t blame the players at all but JD and Primo are prime examples of bad “one and done” players who could really help a team and develop skills.

Tennessee leads Alabama 43-38 with 15:43 to play. The Tide has a scoring drought of 2:37

To each his own, but I enjoyed watching the NBA in the 80’s and 90’s, just like I enjoy watching today's NBA.

The watered down remark just shows your ignorance on the subject. Today's player on a roster 1-12 is more skilled today than the players in the past. You can't hold and call it defense today like you could back then.

You can't try to intimidate a player by fouling them hard just because you're not athletic enough to stop them from getting to the rim. That wasn't basketball IMO, it was cheap and it allowed lesser-skilled players to remain in the league.

My gripe about the game is the flopping and the overuse of the 3 by players who shouldn't be shooting them, but that's transitioned to the college and HS games...

Reactions: Bocat69
It may be trivial but why is Ellis sporting green shoes? It's just drawing attention to his poor play so far.

Don’t need Shack bringing the ball up EVER. That 3rd foul on JQ was horseshit. Can’t take him out bc he’s the only one who can get his own shot.

LOL, officials are trying hard to not call any fouls tonight... unless its Quinerly that maybe committed something.

When shots are going in, we are hard to guard but everybody is. Can you find a way when they aren’t going in and make people guard? We are just too easy to guard when the three aren’t falling or we aren’t running. No motion off the ball makes it easy for them to recover. They always know where we will be standing in the half court.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT