ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread: No. 4 Alabama vs. No. 15 Gonzaga (C.M. Newton Classic)

Gonzaga 88, Alabama 80 | 5:18, H2

— Brandon Miller has a career-high 36 points on 12 of 20 shooting, including 6 of 9 from deep.

— Drew Timme leads Gonzaga with 27 points and 10 rebounds. He's shooting 11 of 17 from the floor.

— Gonzaga has 17 points off 17 Bama turnovers.

• Sad
Reactions: Codie B
They are just hitting everything. Killing us with the floaters from 8 ft.
Yah. Somebody tell Mark Few that’s not a good shot. They shot be driving deeper into our defenders forcing up ridiculous contested shots.

We just don’t have counters offensively at times when things are taken away we are trying to do.

We just don’t have counters offensively at times when things are taken away we are trying to do.
We’ve played fine offensively, we’re shooting over 50%. Zags just cannot miss, just one of those games. You can’t blame offense while putting up nearly 90 pts.

Not a good defensive gameplan today honestly. We let their bigs catch at the free throw line all day and they had wide open 8 foot floaters. We also collapsed every time they caught the ball almost acting like a zone.

Not good.

Sloppy turnovers and Gonzaga don’t miss many shots. Miller and Bradley only Bama players playing a good game. Disappointing game other than Miller.
Great teams win this game. B

I think we all know they are better than no 15. Rankings are ridiculous

We’ve played fine offensively, we’re shooting over 50%. Zags just cannot miss, just one of those games. You can’t blame offense while putting up nearly 90 pts.
If you turn it over 20+ times, yah you can. Turnovers kill the defense but don’t affect shooting %.

Reactions: BamaNavyCPO
Final: No. 15 Gonzaga 100, No. 4 Alabama 90

Alabama (9-2) will return home to Coleman Coliseum to take on Jackson State on Tuesday at 6 p.m.

• Sad
The floaters killed us. The turnovers killed us. It’s ok though. it doesn’t really matter right now. Finish in the tournament.

Giving up 100 points in Birmingham while ranked number 4 means the defensive game plan did not work at all.
Miller was a superstar today.
Gonzaga must have shot about 75% in the 2nd half?

Disappointing loss.

Gonzaga shot 74.1% (20 of 27) in the second half, including 4 of 6 from beyond the arc.
Deer lowered !! That’s a recipe for disaster but the zags hardly missed… our half court defense was a half step slow and the zags could penetrate any moment they wanted

Timme put on a master class of post play

The crowd inside Legacy Arena isn't loving the officiating today.
Sorry. I don’t mean to be “that guy”. But the officiating was horrible. All of the questionable calls seemed to go against Bama. If I was as bad at my job as they were today, I would be fired! Just sayin

Sloppy turnovers and Gonzaga don’t miss many shots. Miller and Bradley only Bama players playing a good game. Disappointing game other than Miller.
Great teams win this game. B
Nobody said this team was great. Too young for that.

If you turn it over 20+ times, yah you can. Turnovers kill the defense but don’t affect shooting %.
This team plays fast, and is gonna turn the ball over 15+ times a game. Might as well get used to it. Certainly beats being a team playing a half court offense and scoring 60 in a game with 5 turnovers. Gonzaga out shot a team shooting over 50%, that’s the bottom line. It happens.

This team plays fast, and is gonna turn the ball over 15+ times a game. Might as well get used to it. Certainly beats being a team playing a half court offense and scoring 60 in a game with 5 turnovers. Gonzaga out shot a team shooting over 50%, that’s the bottom line. It happens.
I’ve said that a million times. We are going to turn it over. But we need to be 15 and under. You can’t play D turning it over too much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT