ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball ⚾️ Game thread: No. 6 Alabama basketball vs. Jacksonville State

Alabama leads Jacksonville State 8-5 with 14:44 left in the half. Keon Ellis has 6 early points for the Tide.

Alabama leads Jacksonville State 11-7 with 11:10 left in the half. The Tide has made just one of its last seven attempts from the floor.

we look a little flat tonight. Playing uninspired basketball. Play like this and Davidson will take us to the wood shed.

Jacksonville State leads Alabama 20-13 with 7:47 to play in the half. JSU is on a 15-2 run while Alabama has made just one of its last eight shots

Yikes this offense is ice cold. Just more and more turnovers. They gotta shake things up some how.

My mom and dad are both Jack State Alums. I’m know my dad is happy in heaven right now I’m sure.

Reactions: Codie B
Jacksonville State leads Alabama 23-22 with 3:57 to play in the first half. Keon Ellis has 14 of Alabama's 22 points and is 4 of 5 from the floor. The rest of Alabama is 4 of 19 on the night.

Jacksonville State leads Alabama 28-25 with 50.9 seconds remaining in the half. Alabama hasn't made a bucket in 3:31

Jahvon Quinerly hits a 3 at the buzzer to give Alabama a 29-28 lead over Jacksonville State at the half.

Good play at the end, but overall not a great 1st half. Rebounds just not landing in our hands. We slap the ball a lot. Also just got to get our guards going obviously. JQ hasn’t had his shot for awhile and now Shack can’t get a shot off. Keon is looking good, but what’s been a killer is what I think most of us was worried about is our bigs. Just not any consistency with Gary, Gurley and Bediako. I love Bediako but just needs some help from the other guys. JD still playing like a freshman and need him to turn it around here soon. Oh and Miles hasn’t turned it over any so I’ll take it. Haha!
Need to come out early in the 2nd and hit some easy shots and/or get to the line and hit free throws.

Well hoping some of these open shots will start going in, but also hoping if not we will attempt to take it to the basket a little more just to get a feel of what it’s like to go in. If we can get it in from there.

Alabama leads Jacksonville State 34-31 with 15:47 to play

Keon Ellis — 17 points (5 of 9, 4 of 8 from 3)
Rest of Alabama — 17 points (6 of 26, 1 of 14 from 3)

Jacksonville State leads Alabama 41-39 with 11:21 to play. The Gamecocks have made their last three shots from the floor.

Just pitiful offense and defense. Seems like the secret is out on how to shut Alabama’s offense down.

This team looks BAD! there's no rythm or flow to the offense and we dont give the effort needed to be a good defensive/rebounding team!

Ok legitimately starting to worry about this game and this team. Just not hitting shots at all and give up so many easy shots. Big guys are non exist for scoring and JQ just isn’t leading like I hoped he would this season. Shack is off but mostly because defenses are keying in on him, but dang this is Jax St. Not sure really what’s going on, but just not looking good at all.
let’s hope they get it together and need to tonight. Can’t lose this one.

Alabama is on an 8-0 run and leads Jacksonville State 47-41 with 9:08 to play. Charles Bediako has seven points and seven rebounds

Bediako has to figure out how to not foul as much. He is so good, but that’s the only thing that keeps him off the floor is foul trouble

Reactions: mowens75
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT