ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball ⚾️ Game thread: No. 6 Alabama basketball vs. Jacksonville State

Glad the Tide finally woke up. This game has been difficult to watch.

Just pitiful offense and defense. Seems like the secret is out on how to shut Alabama’s offense down.
As bad as I hate to say it there are a few times where a 14 foot shot is perhaps the best case scenario. I've noticed a few times when the guards come off a high screen they get good penetration but the defensive man on the swap just drops 5 feet below the free throw line and just waits at the rim with his buddies.

We back!!!! Lol finish this game strong. Keep it going against Davidson and roll into conference play with these problems ironed out.

Not in a place to watch this (thanks to yttv/disney pissing contest). But it sounds on the radio like we've been in a funk all game long and only burst ahead after Miles hit a 3 with around 10 min to go in the game.

Shackelford can't have disappearing act games this season. He had a few of those his first two years. We'll lose SEC games if he offers 0-5 and 0-4 from 3 point with no free throws attempted. He's almost negative overall but for a couple assists.

Happy for Miles tonight. I hold my breath every second he's in there but he's come up big.

Reactions: mowens75
-We don’t have the best backcourt in basketball.
- Our defense is no where close to what we were last year
- this team is missing help inside. Bediako fouls a lot , but is doing good as a freshman
- All that said we won! Roll Tide

Good to get a win but we gotta straighten out some things before SEC play starts.

The big stats....

JSU was 9-16 from the free throw line. If they just hit a few of those they missed then they're shooting to win at the end.

Shackelford was basically mia tonight. 0-6 on shots, 0-5 from 3 pt, no free throws attempted, 2 turnovers, 1 block, 4 rebounds.

As a team Bama was 8-30 from 3 pt. Not sure what's worse taking a lot of 3s we don't hit or only attempting half as many 3s.

When Oats first got there it felt like the guards struggled because they thought they had to GO,GO,GO and it looked bad. JD looks like he is too tentative just strolling up the court waiting to set up the offense. Better than running around like a fool I guess.

Reactions: RollTide15
Hilarious that I mention these issues after the Memphis gave and got laughed at and mocked… until this team learns to rebound and create steals to create up temp offense we will
Struggle when we don’t shoot the 3 well

Gotta get physical and play rougher. Need to create more chaos for the other team when they have the ball.

Reactions: RollTide15
Hilarious that I mention these issues after the Memphis gave and got laughed at and mocked… until this team learns to rebound and create steals to create up temp offense we will
Struggle when we don’t shoot the 3 well
9-2 with the number 1 sos in the country.

Reactions: frazor
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT