ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread: No. 8 Alabama at Georgia

MY GOD HERB! This is why he is so frustrating. Damn unstoppable on the drive all the sudden after a month of getting his shit stuffed at the rim. Where has this been?

Alabama is on a 6-0 run and leads Georgia 45-38 with 15:39 to play.

Going back to the first half, the Tide is on a 21-2 run.

Final three minutes yet to be played, but what I've seen is the best officiated game perhaps ever. These two teams playing hard, and everything is not a foul. This is how games should go. This kind of contest opens your eyes to just how bad officiating screws up games more often than not.

I’ve only been watching the 2nd half, but we need some rest.

Quinerly is the best player on the team and it isn’t close. Glad he’s turned it around this year

Reactions: xcop
Nate Oats just revealed that Jordan Bruner had surgery on both his knees this year, hence the delay in his return earlier this season.

I am just about to watch the game, long day of travel ball so now getting the chance. For my own entertainment I will post ITT as if the game was just going on.

Bama looks sloppy early on, turnovers, missed layups, poor transition defense. It better improve or they will suffer an embarrassing loss.

Reactions: TideFan35
This team is not very good.
Our players have very little basketball I Q.
This team is not very good.
This team is not consistent enough to win in the tournament. A mediocre team at best we are getting whipped by right out of the gate against Georgia
Beyond predictable. Working hard on a 3 seed people.
I sure as heck hope that it won't be the case, but it wouldn't surprise me if we don't win another game this season. We're just a shell of the team we were in January.
I could see us getting run first round of the tournament. We have played the last month+ like a 9-10 seed caliber team
You're being much too kind. We haven't looked like a tournament team at all in a few weeks.

Bump

I'm watching now as stated, this is a very bad UGA team and right now Bama is down 14. You can bump all you want, but this team has taken advantage of a fairly weak SEC. The good teams they have played in the last month, they have lost to.

Reactions: jtr4dad
I'm watching now as stated, this is a very bad UGA team and right now Bama is down 14. You can bump all you want, but this team has taken advantage of a fairly weak SEC. The good teams they have played in the last month, they have lost to.

No doubt they played like shit in the first half, but the sign of a good team is that keep playing with effort and overcome adversity to win a meaningless game on the road. That’s whythe game is 40 minutes long.

I agree with you that we haven’t looked as good since the January blitz, but the defensive effort and intensity, which travels even when shots aren’t falling, has never wavered. That’s why they’re sitting at 16-2 in what is actually a fairly strong conference if you look at Kenpom ratings.

Unless they have a first round exit in the NCAA tourney, this team will far exceed my expectations coming into the year.

RMFT

We know how to win. But the slow starts and 5 minute stretches where we completely lose our way, refuse to call timeout, and allow a 10-20 point swing for the opponent is a bad habit if it comes up in either of the coming tournaments. We are good enough to make a run but even in wins we have played really bad at times.

I love this team and it’s really impressive that they have been able to fight through the last month without falling apart. We played bad enough to lose games we shouldn’t have, but found ways to get the W, which is impressive, and something I hope carries us in the postseason.

my biggest fear is allowing a 15-0 run at some point in the first 10 minutes of a game and not being able to climb back up the mountain.

Reactions: grichards56
You ever played basketball?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT