ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread: No. 8 Alabama vs. Auburn

Shack is 40% from the field for the season, but he puts up enough shots get a lot of points.

Reactions: Sweetlou10
Gary should’ve planted his feet and got the charge

th

Clean up on isle 6.

15-2 in SEC play!

Crazy to think about given where we were after the WKU game. Now we'll have 1 game between today and March 12. That's a lot of downtime to manage.

Real talk, how good is this team? Bama seems to be living largely on a very hot streak where they couldn't miss a shot if they tried and a weak SEC this year. Their record against good teams here lately is concerning. I personally think if they don't get "hot" again, they could make a early exist out of the NCAA Tourney.

I was against it earlier this week, but we need to keep JQ and Shack in most of the game because everyone is throwing up bricks besides those two. We are seriously ebbing at the wrong time!

Reactions: BamaNavyCPO
Real talk, how good is this team? Bama seems to be living largely on a very hot streak where they couldn't miss a shot if they tried and a weak SEC this year. Their record against good teams here lately is concerning. I personally think if they don't get "hot" again, they could make a early exist out of the NCAA Tourney.
Agreed!

All about matchup. Wouldn't shock me to lose in the second game against a 7 or 10 nor would I be surprised to catch a 14 seed Cinderella in the 3rd game and end their magic. Just remember only the first team you play (15 seed) has time to prepare for you. Neither the 7 or the 10 can look ahead. Bama looked their best this year when they were catching everybody off guard. The second time through the conference was definately more challenging with teams having 4 days to prepare in some cases.

I just watched the 2nd half. I assume Reese won’t use his extra year at Alabama with the tears he was shedding at the end....

May be over rated but wow- congrats on the buzz kill.
Sorry, not trying negative. Rash post when AU cut lead to 5.
Having said that— Erratic shooting, questionable decisions on drives, prayers thrown up in paint, & sloppy passing at times are hard to stomach. But our consistent effort on what is an exceptional defensive team keeps us in games even when we’re doing all those things. Wish we rebounded a little better, but that’s not from lack of effort, more a product of size. I’m thrilled with our season to this point, SEC Champs, swept the Barn, and tied for most Q1&2 wins. And I believe we can win a couple, maybe three games in the Dance, bec of that D, even if we just shoot 30% or so from behind the arc. If we were to get hot, who knows? Great to see all the emotion tonight. Sometimes I forget these are just 18-22 year olds, and how hard they work.

Last edited:
Reactions: BamaNavyCPO
Still missing way too many open threes. And Pettys aim from three just continues to get worse. He's been dreadful from three over the last three weeks.
Yeah we seem to have gotten worse and are playing with “tired legs”. Any chance basketball could borrow Dr. Rhea and Ballou after football season is over? 😉

Sorry, not trying negative. Rash post when AU cut lead to 5.
Having said that— Erratic shooting, questionable decisions on drives, prayers thrown up in paint, & sloppy passing at times are hard to stomach. But our consistent effort on what is an exceptional defensive team keeps us in games even when we’re doing all those things. Wish we rebounded a little better, but that’s not from lack of effort, more a product of size. I’m thrilled with our season to this point, SEC Champs, swept the Barn, and tied for most Q1&2 wins. And I believe we can win a couple, maybe three games in the Dance, bec of that D, even if we just shoot 30% or so from behind the arc. If we were to get hot, who knows? Great to see all the emotion tonight. Sometimes I forget these are just 18-22 year olds, and how hard they work.
Oh I understand. They go through spurts where they are hard to watch.

Reactions: rcpettijohn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT