ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread reply count

jtr4dad

All American
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2011
Hoover, Alabama
One doesn't need to watch our games to know if we won or lost. All they have to do is look at the number of posts in the game threads. A large number of posts indicates a loss, while a smaller number signals a win. Just look at our last 3 game threads for proof. Oklahoma reply count 230, LSU reply count 84, Missouri reply count 243. It seems for a lot of folks that it's either post negativity or post nothing at all.

One doesn't need to watch our games to know if we won or lost. All they have to do is look at the number of posts in the game threads. A large number of posts indicates a loss, while a smaller number signals a win. Just look at our last 3 game threads for proof. Oklahoma reply count 230, LSU reply count 84, Missouri reply count 243. It seems for a lot of folks that it's either post negativity or post nothing at all.
It really is amazing.

Reactions: pfaud001
What frustrates me is the posters who post 15 times in a losing thread but make no appearance in a winning thread. Why would you not want to celebrate success for a program that hasn't had a whole lot?? Yet a loss fans the flames? Miserable way to walk through life.

I understand this is a bad look for Bama BB fans on this site, but it is obvious that they are using it as a place to vent their frustrations. It may not be the best look, but it is certainly understandable why it is occurring.

Ive been trying to intentionally post more positively in game, but I always feel like I’m tempting fate :)

Battered fan syndrome

If they put half as much energy in a positive outlook, we would have great basketball fans.

Reactions: pfaud001
It is directly related to the wager. If you are winning there is no reason to complain or comment but if you are losing...watch out somebody has to hear about your gambling stupidity.

Reactions: Codie B
You are right. Some of it could also be that the Oklahoma game and the Missouri game were on Saturday and the LSU game was during the week. I would imagine people are more likely to record it during the week and watch it later and not be in the thread.

Reactions: lgreene22
In previous seasons I was one of the ones that showed up more during defeats b/c it was a place to vent frustration from a decade of mediocre basketball.

I’m not nearly as frustrated now b/c I know we’ll win our share now.

I still get pissed when we lose but know we are still solid for the long term.

Reactions: xcop
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT