ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia Hires Mike White

This has to be among the worst hires Ever.. they are likely paying his contract buyout for Florida as Florida was likely to fire him in the very near future… due to running a stout program into mediocrity

Reactions: pfaud001
Crean was an odd hire and failed. This is worse. I figured white was waiting for the Ole Miss job.

uga basketball is an absolute sleeping giant. easily could run the sec for decades if their admin stepped up.
giphy.gif

They may have a good recruiting base, but they have no fans. None.

Last edited:
Reactions: bet9
giphy.gif

They may have a good recruiting base, but they have no fans. None.
win and they’ll show up. atlanta alone could put any team on top. i don’t think white is the guy to do it, but if they hired a big time recruiter they’re going to get good and fast. no other competition in state and they can lock out everyone else.

win and they’ll show up. atlanta alone could put any team on top. i don’t think white is the guy to do it, but if they hired a big time recruiter they’re going to get good and fast. no other competition in state and they can lock out everyone else.
Georgia has never and likely will never be consistently good at basketball. They’ll never support it.

Reactions: bet9
Georgia has never and likely will never be consistently good at basketball. They’ll never support it.
history would suggest you’re right. i certainly hope so. that job is sitting on the biggest hotbed of talent in the eastern half of the country.

history would suggest you’re right. i certainly hope so. that job is sitting on the biggest hotbed of talent in the eastern half of the country.
Legit question, I know Atlanta produces talent, but is it really better than New York, Philadelphia, Chicago and other traditional basketball hot beds? I feel like the entire old big east used to feast on guys from NYC and Philly.

Hugh Durham took them to the Final Four in 1983. Tubby also had a good run in Athens. I tend to agree that with the right hire, UGA could be one of the top three teams in the league annually.

I always feared this in football and we all see what the right hire has done there. I think the same is true for men's hoops.

I am glad they screwed it up.

Some of our fans that have cried some this season about Oats and talk like we're accepting mediocrity with him need to take a long look here at what an admin accepting mediocrity really looks like.

UGA hired Crean when everyone questioned why? Now they fire him after a predictable disaster of a run and hire a guy about a week from being fired at UF for maintaining a bubble level with their program but never really getting above that bubble. This hire is a loud statement to the few dawg bball fans that they don't expect to really be good.

UGA needed a slightly less smarmy Wade. Someone that would hang out in Atl a lot, play the AAU games, hook up the NIL, and keep enough of those kids in the area to give the barn and cats a run in that playground. Pearl might have broken a sweat at the thought of someone at UGA that would fire up the fans and play loose in cruitin. He probably hurt himself laughing at UGA hiring White.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT