ADVERTISEMENT

Going 1st round vs 2nd round

aggietider

All American
Gold Member
Jan 28, 2012
I’d want to go in the first round…I guess you just get a longer rope.

Just so many available players for so few spots. You may use your 46th pick on JD but 1000's of 22 year olds, who are working hard every day, are at your disposal in so many leagues. Factor in coaching and philosophy turnover and it's quiet easy to get booted for a variety of reasons.

There are approximately 530 active registered NBA players…in the grand scheme of things that’s not a lot of spots. You better be pretty darn good and IMO the only NBA quality JD has right now is his athleticism. Athleticism is obviously very important but not as important as dribbling, shooting, passing and defending.

Ridiculously hard to just get drafted in the NBA let alone the 1st round. There are a grand total of 60 draft picks. Unlike football there is a huge pool of international prospects as well. Specific to JD, I just don't see him being one of the top 60 draft eligible players in the world. Athletic or not.

I’d want to go in the first round…I guess you just get a longer rope.
When you factor in this being a weak draft class, it sure doesn't give you high hopes for guys going after the first 50 this year. I've heard several analyst say guys that will go in the late teens this year would've gone 25-30 in a lot of previous classes. IF that's true then it's tough to imagine this year's second rounders proving memorable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT