ADVERTISEMENT

Grant Nelson Expected to Commit to Alabama.

It got leaked before the family wanted it to, hence the “expected”. There’s also some potential trade concerns but that doesn’t seem to be a huge issue

Reactions: bet9
It got leaked before the family wanted it to, hence the “expected”. There’s also some potential trade concerns but that doesn’t seem to be a huge issue
Jordan, do you think Grant was delaying announcement to make sure grades were not an issue?

• Wow
What the hell is going on! He’s committed now he’s expecting to! His sister is on Twitter pissed off about the leak! Who is blowing the news early! Either he’s committed or not!

What the hell is going on! He’s committed now he’s expecting to! His sister is on Twitter pissed off about the leak! Who is blowing the news early! Either he’s committed or not!
He’s going to commit to Alabama. Just have to make sure grades aren’t an issue. Tipton leaked it early

Reactions: Codie B
This is very big. Difference in a sweet 16 final four run big.
The difference in the sweet 16 and the final 4 is oats calling a time out when the other team is on a run. By his own admission a basketball game is made up of 3 to 4 runs. Got, to learn to call timeouts and regroup. Doesn’t mean changing your whole game, just got to use some common sense. Yes, I’m still pissed at pissing away a trip to the final 4. It was in our grasp.

The difference in the sweet 16 and the final 4 is oats calling a time out when the other team is on a run. By his own admission a basketball game is made up of 3 to 4 runs. Got, to learn to call timeouts and regroup. Doesn’t mean changing your whole game, just got to use some common sense. Yes, I’m still pissed at pissing away a trip to the final 4. It was in our grasp.
In our grasp twice. UCLA reached the Final 4 after beating us as well, that Michigan team they played in the Elite 8 was soft, we woulda beaten them as well.

In our grasp twice. UCLA reached the Final 4 after beating us as well, that Michigan team they played in the Elite 8 was soft, we woulda beaten them as well.
We had a great season breaking a few records along the way. Oats has a great system and it doesn’t need to fundamentally be changed. Oat is a high energized coach at hardly sets down during a game. He likes the ideal that his team can wear down every team they play. This may be the reason he refuses to call timeouts when the opponent has momentum.

We had a great season breaking a few records along the way. Oats has a great system and it doesn’t need to fundamentally be changed. Oat is a high energized coach at hardly sets down during a game. He likes the ideal that his team can wear down every team they play. This may be the reason he refuses to call timeouts when the opponent has momentum.
I don’t disagree, but a timeout when the opposing team is in a run isn’t going to screw up his system. It’s just smart coaching, and he, like everyone else, can improve in his profession.

Ok, what’s the hold up? If the grades is not there then is that a deal breaker? Should have got a commitment by now.

Nelson balances the roster and will let CNO put an impressive offensive group on the court from 1-5. It’s still thin depth up front, but the first line group potential is strong.
l agree with this and agree we are still thin as far as big men are concerned. l love Pringle, but he is not a kid that can play a majority of the minutes in the game. Great athelete, but plays out of control and gets into foul trouble. As you said we need more depth.

There’s no cold feet. He’s having to finish a class at NDSU then he will officially announce. He’s coming to Alabama and won’t be long at all before it’s official.
Are you sure? I think he's having second thoughts because Arkansas has reminded him that if he goes to Bama then he will draw the assignment to cover Zach Edey when the Tide plays Purdue in Toronto on 12/9. :p

Total lack of professionalism on the part of Joe Tipton, wanting to be the first to bust a story that many including myself already knew about. I always respected Andrew Bone for keeping his word to these young men and not releasing their commitment before it was time. Our own @Jordan Harper is another guy that is the same way, I know for a 100% fact that Jordan has had information and sat on it as to not ruin a kids moment of being able to make the announcement themselves and that is rare for a young man relatively new to the industry. Let’s just hope that Tipton’s premature reportulation has not pissed the family off too much.

ROLL TIDE!!!!

Last edited:
Total lack of professionalism on the part of Joe Tipton, wanting to be the first to bust a story that many including myself already knew about. I always respected Andrew Bone for keeping his word to these young men and not releasing their commitment before it was time. Our own @Jordan Harper is another guy that is the same way, I know for a 100% fact that Jordan has had information and sat on it as to not ruin a kids moment of being able to make the announcement themselves and that is rare for a young man relatively new to the industry. Let’s just hope that Tipton’s premature reportulation has not pissed the family off too much.

ROLL TIDE!!!!
There is a reason for the delay. Could be that he has received a better offer. We’ll know the truth at some point.

There is a reason for the delay. Could be that he has received a better offer. We’ll know the truth at some point.
You guys are acting like this kid is Michael Jordan and that is just not the case. As for a better offer, not everyone walking the planet bases their life on money, if that was the case he would already be en route to Fayetville.

ROLL TIDE!!!!

You guys are acting like this kid is Michael Jordan and that is just not the case. As for a better offer, not everyone walking the planet bases their life on money, if that was the case he would already be en route to Fayetville.

ROLL TIDE!!!!
Hope you are right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT