ADVERTISEMENT

Guns and football Players

Vaughnbama

All American
Gold Member
Jan 19, 2009
Today the Montgomery Advertiser ran a story concerning SEC players and the coaches rules on gun ownership. As we had an incident this summer, involving two of our players and a handgun that ended favorably, to many of the incidents involving guns do not end favorably. http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...own-gun-depends-each-schools-policy/89734146/

There is an argument that some of our players are not mature enough to own weapons.

There is an argument that the Second Amendment provides for gun ownership.

We have been much luckier than e Barn on this issue, and I say luckier, because it is only a matter of time until we lose a players life to gun violence. As a gun owner, I believe that with gun ownership comes a responsibility to use my weapons at a proper time and place and in a proper manner; however I am 67 years of age and having been a weapons instructor, I have a healthy respect for deadly weapons. Too many 18-22 year olds do not yet have the same level of maturity, say as the difference between Eddie Jackson as a senior and Ronnie Harrison as a Sophomore. There is a leadership council made up of upper class men for a reason.

Please do not make this a Hillary-Trump debate, but let's keep it as should Coach Saban regulate weapons ownership and the football team. I understand why you do not like one candidate or the other, so please do not tell me about those worthless people, but tell me about how to deal with the 100+ young men that we love.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News