ADVERTISEMENT

Has anyone re-watched the game?

gpa9504

All State
Jan 12, 2012
i just did, and watched almost every offensive play 2-3 times. Here's what I saw (no surprises):

1. The very worst offensive play calling I've seen at Bama. Even worse than OSU in 2014. Many on this board have called it out already. But man, we only had TWO runs by our backs stopped at the line. I don't think we had any tackles for loss against our backs. Even late in the game, Harris and Jacobs would pick up 3-5 yards on first. Second down was always a pass (which turned into a Jalen Hurts run more often than not). No excuse not to have 50 carries in that game by our backs.

2. Auburn's defense was pretty good- considering we played right into their strengths. Unreal that we didn't run any jet sweeps. Can not fathom that. But we could have put up 250-275 yards on them with our backs and WRs running the ball. Kiffin would have run that DL side to side to side. They would have been completely worn out by the third quarter.

3. Offensive line- not quite as bad as I thought. But critical mistakes at the worst times. We all saw that. Not 73s best game nor Bozeman unfortunately. Tough way to end a career (vs. Auburn).

4. Not gonna jump on the "hurt' Hurts express, but he too had a terrible game. His receivers did not help him one bit other than Jeudys great catch in the endzone. No seperation, stupid long developing routes, a senior wideout that can't find the first down line on 4th (really unforgivable- that play). Bad play calling that featured all of Jalen's deficiencies. If he had just been a "game manager" with an elite set of wheels "when needed"- would have been a very different game. Not saying we win, but very different.

5. Our defense- seriously banged up. On the Stidham TD run, the safety covering him could not cut, just went down before QB left the pocket. Maybe he slipped, but looks like he was hurt to me. Lots of walking wounded in that game.

6. NO PASSION at all. Many of you have called this for years- but it was obvious finally to me- these players don't have that deep down gut wrenching NEED to beat Auburn. Maybe too many out of state guys? Not sure. But there was nothing in the tank Saturday.

7. Final takeaway- I've stepped back from the ledge quite a bit. This program is NOT in trouble. Sky is not falling. Some may disagree- but I really hope we get in the Playoffs. I hope we play Auburn again. Healthy. I damn sure hope we RUN the ball a lot more. They did not seem to be the powerhouse I thought I saw at first glance. Very good coaching (in this game). Bet our guys would enjoy a second helping of Auburn. I know our coaches would. Steele made Daboll his b#$ch Saturday. I'm betting it wouldn't happen again.

What do you guys think?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News