ADVERTISEMENT

Hate this team

They have proven to be inconsistent. But we aight Georgia or eight other teams that will be sitting at home. If a Clown show of a season is a tournament birth I'll take it.

Reactions: pfaud001
They have proven to be inconsistent. But we aight Georgia or eight other teams that will be sitting at home. If a Clown show of a season is a tournament birth I'll take it.
We are the least deserving team to get in.
All bama will do is squander its opportunity again.
Bama has now lost their last 4/6 games.
Oats has not earned his raise this year as his team has gotten consistently worse as the season progressed, not better.

His staff has recruited these players and they’re at fault

Oats has not earned his raise this year as his team has gotten consistently worse as the season progressed, not better.

Shack and Gary are the only 2 Johnson recruits left. The other 11 are Oats guys. We regressed mightily after the majority of Avery’s players graduated last season.

Shack and Gary are the only 2 Johnson recruits left. The other 11 are Oats guys. We regressed mightily after the majority of Avery’s players graduated last season.
I wouldn’t rate his recruiting very highly then. Mentally they’re as soft as marshmallows

Reactions: BIGRON930

Agree to an extent but you cant coach lack of effort or his guys being mental midgets

Oats first recruiting class isn’t quite fair as it’s never easy to piece together that first class. Next years is really his first chance to bring in a full class and it’s strong. Bediako is going to be strong. We need a good portal find

Reactions: Bamabow13
Facts but as the head coach you recruited them 😂
That is also a fact. Problem with that is when you recruit these guys or watch them play they are usually playing pretty well against weaker competition. So you dont get to see how they are when you struggle.

Oats first recruiting class isn’t quite fair as it’s never easy to piece together that first class. Next years is really his first chance to bring in a full class and it’s strong. Bediako is going to be strong. We need a good portal find

we need 3 good portal finds to be honest. Need to go find some winners and experienced guys. Wish we would clean house besides Shack, Chuck and Burnett, add the recruiting class plus a few portal adds

Reactions: tydzbk
we need 3 good portal finds to be honest. Need to go find some winners and experienced guys. Wish we would clean house besides Shack, Chuck and Burnett, add the recruiting class plus a few portal adds
I’m not too excited about Gurley coming back, hopefully he can make improvements in the off season. Getting stronger is a must….among other things.

Agreed all we hear is his ability to recruit......havent seen it so far!🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Top 5 class coming in
Which is why I think next year will be the true test of just what kind of coach we have in Oats. Personally I'd like to see him shake things up on his staff. My biggest disappointment this year was the lack of improvement/development of players from beginning of season to the end. That falls on the coaching staff. Outside of Bediako, name one player that showed significant improvement from beginning of the season until now?

Which is why I think next year will be the true test of just what kind of coach we have in Oats. Personally I'd like to see him shake things up on his staff. My biggest disappointment this year was the lack of improvement/development of players from beginning of season to the end. That falls on the coaching staff. Outside of Bediako, name one player that showed significant improvement from beginning of the season until now?
Good question. I think you can point to maybe Holt? I think we’ve got our guy in oats and need to ride with him. There’s something to be said for sticking with a coach like FSU has with Leonard Hamilton. I’m not sure that’ll ever happen with us though because a dude can literally win two conference championships, follow it up with another solid ncaa tournament and we have fans trying to crucify him.

Reactions: pfaud001
And Avery nearly missed the tournament every year he had them. Oats took Avery's guys and won the SEC and Tournament in 2 years. It's not Oats' coaching or developing of talent, it's the players attitude. You can say Oats shouldn't recruit guys like that, but a lot of times they develop it over time.

And Avery nearly missed the tournament every year he had them. Oats took Avery's guys and won the SEC and Tournament in 2 years. It's not Oats' coaching or developing of talent, it's the players attitude. You can say Oats shouldn't recruit guys like that, but a lot of times they develop it over time.
I agree with you to some point, but guys like Rojas & Gurley are Oats guys. I hate to bash a guy who gives as much effort as Rojas, but he looks like a guy that literally just starting playing the sport. No improvement from last year to this year. Gurley is a bit tougher to figure out. Seems like the best part of his game is with his back to the basket, but he seems to think he's a perimeter shooter. Not sure if that's his choice, or the coaches telling him to do that. Was actually surprised to hear he's returning next year.

I think Holt got better although he still can't shoot. JD is still adjusting but you can see his confidence growing every game. Longshot he returns but I believe he would make a huge jump his sophomore season.

I think Holt got better although he still can't shoot. JD is still adjusting but you can see his confidence growing every game. Longshot he returns but I believe he would make a huge jump his sophomore season.
Most damning thing for CNO about Holt…his analysis when signing him.

“We needed to find someone to replace John Petty who is one of the best shooters in the country and we felt like we went out and got one of the premier shooters in all of high school basketball in Jusaun Holt," Oats said

And I know you didn’t bring it up but several guys called JD our “best player” last night…dude went 1-8 and almost all were inside shots or layups. He was largely responsible for the poor shooting in the paint which was a killer.

Last edited:
Most damning thing for CNO about Holt…his analysis when signing him.

“We needed to find someone to replace John Petty who is one of the best shooters in the country and we felt like we went out and got one of the premier shooters in all of high school basketball in Jusaun Holt," Oats said

And I know you didn’t bring it up but several guys called JD our “best player” last night…dude went 1-8 and almost all were inside shots or layups. He was largely responsible for the poor shooting in the paint which was a killer.
I remember that about Holt. I was “hoping” he could help fill some of the shooting void left by Burnett’s injury.

I remember that about Holt. I was “hoping” he could help fill some of the shooting void left by Burnett’s injury.
I remember it well and he can't shoot a lick in the games, he's probably lights out in practice though

Reactions: Codie B
He’ll get better. He’s a good shooter. Just a freshman with limited PT. Hard to find much shooting rhythm.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT