ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Maryland you want him?

uagolffan

All American
Gold Member
Nov 16, 2017
You can have him and we’ll through JD in with him for $175.00

3 of 30 shooting dropped us to somewhere near 300+ in shooting as a team but yet that DA CNO believes we need to keep firing away

Reactions: jtr4dad
He’s needs to adjust or recruit shooters. But getting rid of him isn’t going to help. Who is Alabama going to hire than us better? He can coach his system. He just has to make sure he has more shooters bc adjusting the system isn’t in the cards obviously.

Insanity - continuing to do the same things over and over again and expecting different results. It’s clear to anyone who watches us that we’re one of the worst 3 point shooting teams in the nation, but we keep throwing up 30+ attempts game after game.

Reactions: jmillerbama
You can have him and we’ll through JD in with him for $175.00
I've seen this dude post some dumb stuff. We're coming off the best season in twenty years, have the number two recruiting class in the country, building a new arena and he wants to dump the coach. I coach and I would never tell my players to turn down an open three. We just don't have the shooters for Oats system this year. But to stop shooting open shots is just ridiculous to me. My guess is there not good consistent in game shooters. I guarantee you they knock down over 50% in practice. I wouldn't change the system I'd just recruit players to fit the system. We hit 10-30 and we beat Kentucky easy.

I've seen this dude post some dumb stuff. We're coming off the best season in twenty years, have the number two recruiting class in the country, building a new arena and he wants to dump the coach. I coach and I would never tell my players to turn down an open three. We just don't have the shooters for Oats system this year. But to stop shooting open shots is just ridiculous to me. My guess is there not good consistent in game shooters. I guarantee you they knock down over 50% in practice. I wouldn't change the system I'd just recruit players to fit the system. We hit 10-30 and we beat Kentucky easy.

Excellent point. Why would CNO change what he's doing if he sees his guys executing in practice? He knows they're capable, and all of us have seen that they are capable of shooting it well. Shooting in the game is a lot different than practice. More continuous trips down the floor, adrenaline, etc.

I still believe in this team and what they're trying to accomplish. Granted, we're getting down to some scary almost must-wins. If this team does indeed make the tournament, they can make a run. Also wouldn't surprise me for them to be a 1st round out. NIT would be extremely disappointing.

I’ve had teams that could blow by defenders in practice but couldn’t put it on floor and get anything done in the game. I’d hear them say, why don’t you do that in games? I’d say, because you aren’t guarding them in games! Practice and games just aren’t the same and can’t be judged the same.

It's the not the open 3s that get me; it's all the contested ones. It's not like they had 30 open threes; out of those 30 maybe 8 could be considered wide open.

Who's on your short list to replace him?
If we ran off CNO, we will suck for decades, because we will end up hiring some worn out retreads one after another, and many of us will quit following Alabama basketball. In fact, if we managed to run him off, just find an empty lot to play basketball in, because nobody will ****ing care.

I disagree.
Went and rewatched the condensed version on YouTube. I counted 22 were in rhythm, low contest shots. Ironically, one of the more difficult and highly contested shots was one of the three makes… Ellis from the corner

Went and rewatched the condensed version on YouTube. I counted 22 were in rhythm, low contest shots. Ironically, one of the more difficult and highly contested shots was one of the three makes… Ellis from the corner
I'm not going to go back and rewatch that game; I barely could stomach watching it the first time. But I will disagree; it didn't feel close to that many open 3s while watching.

I'm not going to go back and rewatch that game; I barely could stomach watching it the first time. But I will disagree; it didn't feel close to that many open 3s while watching.
I recorded the game but never actually watched it. Watched the first half this morning with you guys in mind. I counted 6 missed threes that I would say most players would take and can hit. Two of those were Rojas so make of that what you will.

I recorded the game but never actually watched it. Watched the first half this morning with you guys in mind. I counted 6 missed threes that I would say most players would take and can hit. Two of those were Rojas so make of that what you will.
Second half was where it really escalated

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT