ADVERTISEMENT

holt

I don’t disagree with this. I think Avery struggles as a coach, but the excitement he brought along with recruiting was a shot in the arm to the program.

I really thought Grant could’ve become a long term successful coach at Bama but I swear he is the least lucky coach in sports history
What did I say that wasn't true? Avery not only got Alabama to the tournament but won a game for the first time in forever.

You are one of the posters that keep bringing up what Oats did for the first time and how that should place him as damn near untouchable.

Oats don't win the SEC or even get to the tournament without the players Avery brought in. He benefited greatly from coaching them as seasoned juniors and seniors.

There is zero doubt that Avery Johnson knows the game of basketball in great detail. You don't play as long as he did in the NBA, at the PG position, with limited physical ability without being a smart player. You also don't coach your team to an NBA Finals and win NBA Coach of the Year without being able to coach.

His problem was CBB and the NBA are much more different than any other college sport is to their professional counterpart.

Reactions: BamaNavyCPO
What did I say that wasn't true? Avery not only got Alabama to the tournament but won a game for the first time in forever.

You are one of the posters that keep bringing up what Oats did for the first time and how that should place him as damn near untouchable.

Oats don't win the SEC or even get to the tournament without the players Avery brought in. He benefited greatly from coaching them as seasoned juniors and seniors.

There is zero doubt that Avery Johnson knows the game of basketball in great detail. You don't play as long as he did in the NBA, at the PG position, with limited physical ability without being a smart player. You also don't coach your team to an NBA Finals and win NBA Coach of the Year without being able to coach.

His problem was CBB and the NBA are much more different than any other college sport is to their professional counterpart.
I’m very confused by this response… did you read where I said I don’t disagree? Weird person you are

Reactions: G.O.A.T-23
I’m very confused by this response… did you read where I said I don’t disagree? Weird person you are
I can be a retàrd at times. Crazy thing, I read it right the first time but went full retàrd the second time I read it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT