HOOPS PREVIEW: Kentucky 3/10

Jordan Harper

Head Basketball Analyst
Staff
Dec 28, 2011
Florence, AL
Alabama vs Kentucky 12 pm CT
TV: ESPN

I'm running out of material everyone. Writing a preview for three games in three days with three opponents is tough! If it means Alabama keeps winning, then I'm perfectly fine with doing it! So Alabama wins on a buzzer beater, blow out its rival the next night, and now face the SEC darlings today in Kentucky today. Kentucky handled Georgia yesterday with suffocating defense and good enough offense. It was a tough game to watch, but that's the Kentucky team this year.

Two injuries to watch today are Donta Hall and Jarrod Vanderbilt. Both are key to their team, but both are deep enough to not have to have them. Donta Hall I do not expect to play today, nor do I want him too. That was a nasty fall, and he needs to sit out this weekend. Vanderbilt, I do expect to play. He seemed fine on the bench last night and looked like he could play today.

The difference in this game is, you guessed it, REBOUNDING. If Alabama didn't give up 22 offensive rebounds last meeting, they would've won in Rupp. Now, losing Hall does hurt but Galin Smith is capable as well as Key, Ingram, and Sexton. Key nearly had a double double yesterday and Sexton had 7 boards. It will have to be a collective effort.

Keeping Kevin Knox and Gilgeous-Alexander under wraps is a tall task. They are the main source of offense, and they tend to go as they go. It's going to take a full 40 minutes of defending to win this game. Energy is another thing that's worth keeping an eye on. Alabama has played one more game than Kentucky and they will be without Hall more than likely. Have to wonder if tired legs will come into effect.

The Alabama players are loose, energetic, talkative, and playing like they're having fun again. All thanks to Collin Sexton. His buzzer beater and ability to will his team to win a game really gave this team a jolt of energy. Players are diving on the floor for loose balls, yelling when something good happens, and cheering on their teammates on the bench. It's been extremely fun to watch as a fan and writer.

Prediction:
Hopefully you guys won't hate me again, but... BUCKLE UP!!! BAMA IS GOING TO TAKE DOWN THOSE CATS!!!

Alabama 72-67

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News