ADVERTISEMENT

How Deep in the Tourney Will We Go?

jd82tide

All American
Dec 21, 2012
Montgomery
What's your Crimson Glasses off prediction? I want us so bad to get to the Final Four and just have a shot at making history. But if someone put me on the edge of a cliff and said how far will we go, I would probably say Elite 8 would be more than satisfying. Final 4 would be unbelievable. Losing in the sweet 16 would be kind of a let down. Anything else would really suck after such a great year. My one hope to start the season, just want to make the real tournament and not have to sweat it out on selection Sunday. Mission accomplished. Roll Tide! I do believe we have a chance to make it all the way to the Final 4 if we get hot and get some good bounces and stay healthy. It's possible.

There's a tradition in tournament play of not talking about the next step until you've climbed the one in front of you so just put your thoughts of final fours and elite 8 away. Focus on the things that got you here

Coach Norman Dale

Last edited:
There's a tradition in tournament play of not talking about the next step until you've climbed the one in front of the period so just put your thoughts of final fours and delete 8 away. Focus on the things that got you here

Coach Norman Dale
If this team gets past Uconn and then Texas it will be an impressive feat. I think Texas gets the best of them in the sweet16.

Reactions: Sweetlou10
There's a tradition in tournament play of not talking about the next step until you've climbed the one in front of the period so just put your thoughts of final fours and delete 8 away. Focus on the things that got you here

Coach Norman Dale

Agree 100% the only game that matters is Iona... but I still think Elite 8 is as far as we go unless we catch lightning in a bottle which I sure hope happens..

Reactions: bet9 and yankel
What's your Crimson Glasses off prediction? I want us so bad to get to the Final Four and just have a shot at making history. But if someone put me on the edge of a cliff and said how far will we go, I would probably say Elite 8 would be more than satisfying. Final 4 would be unbelievable. Losing in the sweet 16 would be kind of a let down. Anything else would really suck after such a great year. My one hope to start the season, just want to make the real tournament and not have to sweat it out on selection Sunday. Mission accomplished. Roll Tide! I do believe we have a chance to make it all the way to the Final 4 if we get hot and get some good bounces and stay healthy. It's possible.
i am not going to fuss what ever. we have had a great year. still have high hopes though. i am just going to enjoy one game at a time

very good post 82

Reactions: EugDan and jd82tide
There's a tradition in tournament play of not talking about the next step until you've climbed the one in front of you so just put your thoughts of final fours and elite 8 away. Focus on the things that got you here

Coach Norman Dale

Ya these quotes are for players on the team. Idiots on message boards like myself can talk about final fours all day and it doesn’t matter lmao. What things should I focus on that “got us here”?

We lose to Texas in the Sweet 16.

regular season champs, sec tournament champs, sweet 16. Not even a slight letdown as far as I’m concerned.
My hopes are that Texas get's upset! I think we lose to Michigan.

We lose to Texas in the Sweet 16.

regular season champs, sec tournament champs, sweet 16. Not even a slight letdown as far as I’m concerned.

I got us going to the final 4 on my bracket, but I’m wearing my Crimson glasses when I filled it out.

I do think Bama has a good shot at elite 8 this year. Time will tell.

I got us going to the final 4 on my bracket, but I’m wearing my Crimson glasses when I filled it out.

I do think Bama has a good shot at elite 8 this year. Time will tell.
I have Bama in my Final 4 as well. But if I take off the Crimson glasses I think we lose in Sweet 16 or before... but, that's still a helluva season

Reactions: jd82tide and bet9
My feeling is we could do anything from getting knocked out in Round of 32 to winning it all. Likely somewhere in between. I know Petty hasn't been feeling it lately, but if you add a hot Petty to everything else we have going for us, we can beat anyone. If we do what we did to LSU in Baton Rouge, who is beating us? Nobody. No doubt it's unlikely we'll get that hot again, but that's why they play the games. Enjoy the ride.

Reactions: jd82tide and bet9
All we need is great Defense and at least one player that is 'on fire' for each game....

doesn't have to be the same player, just a player for each game

It would be a welcome sight for Reese to ignite in a game like he did against Norfolk State a couple years ago. ROLL TIDE!

Reactions: bet9
Taking the glasses off we are in the weakest region in the tournament. With only UT and UofM with as good talent and depth as we do. Very realistic possibility to make it to the final 4. I dont see anybody beating the Zags tho. If we make it to 16 we gotta put it all together. Limit TOs, make open shots, play unselfish smart defense. Seems simple but when Alabama puts that stuff together they put triple digits on the score board. And you cant score 100+ without playing lights out D getting stops and TOs

Reactions: jd82tide
Jay Bilas has Bama in the final 4. Several other writers have us going deep in the tourney.
I just hope our guys are not reading all the print and getting big headed. It sounds like something that would happen to us a few years ago but Nate Oats will not allow that. I really think he has their attention and the focus is on Iona.

Reactions: oslim
After winning the regular season and SEC championships, they’ve already exceeded my wildest expectations this year, but if they win a game, 2, 3, etc. would be the cherry on top of the greatest sundae. To me, getting to the final four would be awesome, but I’ve witnessed other Bama teams I thought there’s no way they are not in the final four only to see otherwise. Too many variables that can occur to derail any team.

I am so happy with how well this team is playing. It has been a long time coming. I’m just going to wear Crimson glasses and hope for a hot shooting Tide. I know it’s not likely, however, this team really is capable of a deep run to the final 4, but I just want them to play well and give em hell. roll Tide.

Love all the comments. We've been starved to just be competitive. I mean we aren't even "the basketball school" in the state. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA F-auburn! Said it many times, when we were 3-3 I could see another "last 4 in" or "last 4 out" season. Oats has done a Saban like job changing the culture in two years. Proud of this team whether we lose to Iona or beat the Zags in the finals. It has been so enjoyable just to be ranked and atop the SEC. RTR let's go make history fellas!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT