ADVERTISEMENT

How to watch: Alabama basketball vs. Clemson in Holiday Hoopsgiving

Tony_Tsoukalas

All American
Staff
Feb 5, 2014
Ten days removed from its last action, Alabama basketball returns to the floor Saturday night as it takes on Clemson as part of Holiday Hoopsgiving in Atlanta. The Crimson Tide is coming off a 2-1 performance in the Maui Invitational with wins over Providence and UNLV and a loss to Stanford. Clemson is fresh off a 67-51 victory over Maryland on Wednesday.

Here’s all the information you need to know about Saturday night’s game.

How to watch

Who: Alabama (3-1) vs. Clemson (4-0)
When: 7 p.m. CT, Saturday, Dec. 12
Where: State Farm Arena, Atlanta
Watch: ACC Network Extra (play-by-play: Mike Morgan, analyst: Joe Kleine)
Radio: Crimson Tide Sports Network (play-by-play: Chris Stewart; analyst: Bryan Passink)

Alabama projected starting five

Jahvon Quinerly: 6-foot-1, 175 pounds, redshirt sophomore
Stats: 15.3 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 3.0 apg, 51.2% FG, 33.3% 3-pt
Jaden Shackelford: 6-foot-3, 200 pounds, sophomore
Stats: 14.0 ppg., 6.5 rpg, 1.8 apg, 36.2% FG, 40.9% 3-pt
John Petty Jr.: 6-foot-5, 184 pounds, senior
Stats: 14.8 ppg., 5.3 rpg, 2.3 apg, 47.7% FG, 35.7% 3-pt
Herbert Jones: 6-foot-8, 210 pounds, senior
Stats: 11.8 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 50.0% FG, 50% 3-pt
Jordan Bruner: 6-foot-10, 225 pounds, graduate student
Stats: 5.3 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 1.5 apg, 43.8% FG, 22.2% 3-pt

Clemson projected starting five

Al-Amir Dawes: 6-foot-2, 180 pounds, sophomore
Stats: 9.3 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 2.3 apg, 41.0% FG, 21.4% 3-pt
Clyde Trapp: 6-foot-4, 203 pounds, senior
Stats: 5.3 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 2.3 apg, 47.1% FG, 40.0% 3-pt
John Newman III: 6-foot-5, 207 pounds, junior
Stats: 5.5 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 1.5 apg, 37.0% FG, 25.0% 3-pt
Hunter Tyson: 6-foot-8, 215 pounds, junior
Stats: 6.0 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.5 apg, 43.8% FG, 45.5% 3-pt
Aamir Simms: 6-foot-8, 245 pounds, senior
Stats: 13.0 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 2.3 apg, 55.6% FG, 40.0% 3-pt

Notes and quotes

— Clemson ranks No. 7 in the nation in defensive efficiency, allowing 86.9 points per 100 possessions, according to Kenpom.com. The Tigers held Maryland to 51 points on Wednesday and South Carolina State to 38 points last week.

“We got our hands full with them,” Alabama head coach Nate Oats said. “We’re going to have to play well to beat them, but those are the kind of games we want to play non-conference to test us and see where we’re at.”

— Saturday’s game will be a contrast in styles as Alabama ranks No. 9 in the nation in adjusted tempo averaging 76.2 possession per 40 minutes while Clemson ranks No. 312 averaging 69.0 possessions.

“We’ve got to be great on defense so that we can go into the offensive end off a miss,” Oats said. “When we have to take the ball out of the net all the time, that’s when they can slow the game down.”

— Alabama freshman guard Joshua Primo has posted back-to-back double-digit scoring games off the bench with a career-high 15 points against Providence and 11 points against UNLV. Through four games, the 6-foot-6, 190-pound guard is averaging 7.8 points and 2.8 rebounds.

“He’s getting more and more aggressive every day in practice,” Oats said. “When he’s aggressive, attacking the rim, he finishes well, he’s athletic. I think that’s when he’s playing his best. He hit three 3s in our last two games, 3 of 6 each game, so he’s shooting well. Guys gotta come out and guard him on the perimeter, and I think he’s athletic and skilled and big enough that he can get by guys and make plays.”

— Alabama senior guard John Petty Jr. has made a team-leading 10 three-pointers on the year, pushing his career total to 244 made 3s. He now needs only 20 more 3s to become the program’s all-time leader in the category, topping Brian Williams’ mark of 263.

— With the conclusion of Alabama’s fall semester this week, senior Herbert Jones has earned his undergraduate degree in business marketing. He is unable to walk at the fall graduation ceremony due to the game vs. Clemson, however, he will walk with five other teammates in UA’s spring commencement next May.

— This will mark the fourth consecutive game away from Coleman Coliseum for the Crimson Tide, which is the longest road swing of the 2020-21 season. However, Alabama is set to begin a season-long four-game homestand, starting with its next game on Dec. 15 vs. Furman.

Last edited:
Ten days removed from its last action, Alabama basketball returns to the floor Saturday night as it takes on Clemson as part of Holiday Hoopsgiving in Atlanta. The Crimson Tide is coming off a 2-1 performance in the Maui Invitational with wins over Providence and UNLV and a loss to Stanford. Clemson is fresh off a 67-51 victory over Maryland on Wednesday.

Here’s all the information you need to know about Saturday night’s game.

How to watch

Who: Alabama (3-1) vs. Clemson (4-0)
When: 6:30 p.m. CT, Saturday, Dec. 12
Where: State Farm Arena, Atlanta
Watch: ACC Network Extra (play-by-play: Mike Morgan, analyst: Joe Kleine)
Radio: Crimson Tide Sports Network (play-by-play: Chris Stewart; analyst: Bryan Passink)

Alabama projected starting five

Jahvon Quinerly: 6-foot-1, 175 pounds, redshirt sophomore
Stats: 15.3 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 3.0 apg, 51.2% FG, 33.3% 3-pt
Jaden Shackelford: 6-foot-3, 200 pounds, sophomore
Stats: 14.0 ppg., 6.5 rpg, 1.8 apg, 36.2% FG, 40.9% 3-pt
John Petty Jr.: 6-foot-5, 184 pounds, senior
Stats: 14.8 ppg., 5.3 rpg, 2.3 apg, 47.7% FG, 35.7% 3-pt
Herbert Jones: 6-foot-8, 210 pounds, senior
Stats: 11.8 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 50.0% FG, 50% 3-pt
Jordan Bruner: 6-foot-10, 225 pounds, graduate student
Stats: 5.3 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 1.5 apg, 43.8% FG, 22.2% 3-pt

Clemson projected starting five

Al-Amir Dawes: 6-foot-2, 180 pounds, sophomore
Stats: 9.3 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 2.3 apg, 41.0% FG, 21.4% 3-pt
Clyde Trapp: 6-foot-4, 203 pounds, senior
Stats: 5.3 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 2.3 apg, 47.1% FG, 40.0% 3-pt
John Newman III: 6-foot-5, 207 pounds, junior
Stats: 5.5 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 1.5 apg, 37.0% FG, 25.0% 3-pt
Hunter Tyson: 6-foot-8, 215 pounds, junior
Stats: 6.0 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.5 apg, 43.8% FG, 45.5% 3-pt
Aamir Simms: 6-foot-8, 245 pounds, senior
Stats: 13.0 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 2.3 apg, 55.6% FG, 40.0% 3-pt

Notes and quotes

— Clemson ranks No. 7 in the nation in defensive efficiency, allowing 86.9 points per 100 possessions, according to Kenpom.com. The Tigers held Maryland to 51 points on Wednesday and South Carolina State to 38 points last week.

“We got our hands full with them,” Alabama head coach Nate Oats said. “We’re going to have to play well to beat them, but those are the kind of games we want to play non-conference to test us and see where we’re at.”

— Saturday’s game will be a contrast in styles as Alabama ranks No. 9 in the nation in adjusted tempo averaging 76.2 possession per 40 minutes while Clemson ranks No. 312 averaging 69.0 possessions.

“We’ve got to be great on defense so that we can go into the offensive end off a miss,” Oats said. “When we have to take the ball out of the net all the time, that’s when they can slow the game down.”

— Alabama freshman guard Joshua Primo has posted back-to-back double-digit scoring games off the bench with a career-high 15 points against Providence and 11 points against UNLV. Through four games, the 6-foot-6, 190-pound guard is averaging 7.8 points and 2.8 rebounds.

“He’s getting more and more aggressive every day in practice,” Oats said. “When he’s aggressive, attacking the rim, he finishes well, he’s athletic. I think that’s when he’s playing his best. He hit three 3s in our last two games, 3 of 6 each game, so he’s shooting well. Guys gotta come out and guard him on the perimeter, and I think he’s athletic and skilled and big enough that he can get by guys and make plays.”

— Alabama senior guard John Petty Jr. has made a team-leading 10 three-pointers on the year, pushing his career total to 244 made 3s. He now needs only 20 more 3s to become the program’s all-time leader in the category, topping Brian Williams’ mark of 263.

— With the conclusion of Alabama’s fall semester this week, senior Herbert Jones has earned his undergraduate degree in business marketing. He is unable to walk at the fall graduation ceremony due to the game vs. Clemson, however, he will walk with five other teammates in UA’s spring commencement next May.

— This will mark the fourth consecutive game away from Coleman Coliseum for the Crimson Tide, which is the longest road swing of the 2020-21 season. However, Alabama is set to begin a season-long four-game homestand, starting with its next game on Dec. 15 vs. Furman.
excellent write up and info again tony t with a Y.

THANKS MAN. LOVE THIS BASKETBALL DISCUSSION AND INFO

Reactions: sbisteve
If you have the Sling Orange Package you can get it.

It's actually not on the ACC network but ACC extra. I get the ACC on DirectTV but unsure about extra. Have to find it streaming, I guess. Bummer

Ranked #24 by KenPom and with the #4 scoring defense in the nation, ESPN power index predicts Clemson win with 62.5% over Bama.

Clemson is a physical team that tends to try to impose their will on other teams so Bama will need to match their intensity and focus.

Yeah you can. I'm gonna watch on my phone. Anyone know who the other game is over in ATL? I'm guessing we're half of a double-header?

I hope we can watch it , cause here on my espn app it’s saying the north Carolina basketball game that is on right now is a blackout for my area , and that’s the network the game is going to on tonight .

I hope we can watch it , cause here on my espn app it’s saying the north Carolina basketball game that is on right now is a blackout for my area , and that’s the network the game is going to on tonight .
IDK bud. I've watched plenty on ESPN+ before. Good luck. ESPN also says it'll be streaming on YouTubeTV.

Looks like I’m about to get ESPN+
When I learned 5 minutes before tip-off of SFA game I believe last year that + would have the games I bought that shit in nanoseconds lol. If you dig UFC + shows otherwise unavailable cards too. There are fights tonight and thankfully + allows you to watch after the fact at least for about 12-24 hours.
EDIT and Lou, apparently it's also streaming on YouTubeTV if you have it.

Reactions: Sweetlou10
When I learned 5 minutes before tip-off of SFA game I believe last year that + would have the games I bought that shit in nanoseconds lol. If you dig UFC + shows otherwise unavailable cards too. There are fights tonight and thankfully + allows you to watch after the fact at least for about 12-24 hours.
So I got ESPN+ but right now the other live events on ACCNETX are blacked out for me. I’m worried that will happen when the bama game comes on

IDK bud. I've watched plenty on ESPN+ before. Good luck. ESPN also says it'll be streaming on YouTubeTV.
Oh okay . I figured out a way around the blackouts with a vpn on a web browser . So if it’s blacked out I will be using a server from the west coast lol . My wife said it’s not that serious . I don’t think she understands how deep this shit is 😂😂😂

So I got ESPN+ but right now the other live events on ACCNETX are blacked out for me. I’m worried that will happen when the bama game comes on
It’s most likely going to happen . Check my post on this thread about vpn . If you have a laptop or a computer close you should be able to stream .

It’s actually outrageous that it’s this hard to get this game.
Man , I know I realized that this was going to happen earlier and I went straight to google looking for solutions . And figured one out . It’s crazy that I have to jump mountains and valleys to watch a damn game that should have been televised on a local network .

ACC network “extra” isn’t even on my list of channels at all. Like not even an option for me to get. Why have the channels if we can’t them at all?
Guess I’ll have to watch Auburn and Memphis on ESPNU.

ACC network “extra” isn’t even on my list of channels at all. Like not even an option for me to get. Why have the channels if we can’t them at all?
Guess I’ll have to watch Auburn and Memphis on ESPNU.
Do you have the ESPN app and acc network ?

Not seeing it on YouTube TV. Are you?

On espn+, scroll down quite a ways and see all the various channels. You will see ACC and a second ACC channel. Game is supposed to be on that channel but has not started.

Reactions: Sweetlou10
At this point I’m not convinced we’re actually playing a basketball game tonight... bizarre.

Reactions: frazor
Ok yeah I found it on ESPN+, activated and signed in with my YouTubetv and the game hasnt started. Incredible this game is this difficult to see. Why wouldn't ESPN want to make that easier for people?

I have the feed on ESPN+
My screen says your event is about to begin. Please stand by.
I checked and my scores app I use didn’t have any score, so there is a hold up somewhere

Reactions: Crimson_bloodbath
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT