ADVERTISEMENT

i really like quinerly

mr4bama

All American
Gold Member
Feb 13, 2017
but at this point with him being hurt i would rather have jalen bridges, kj williams, and antoine davis. if we can`t get all of them, go after another transfer.

I love Qs game WHEN HE IS ON. He just has these game long mental lapses where he is a total liability. I’d like him back but I’m slightly concerned bc I think it’s obvious we have recruited with the expectation he’s not coming back and it could create some issues with chemistry which was a major problem this year. I also would prefer have longer lineups this year and not sure about the need to have 3 true point guards under 6’3” on the roster. I’d rather see us fill out the roster with long 3/4 types like bridges where we can almost play positionless ball

I don’t think Q will be on the court again until atleast January and I do think if Bama has it rolling with Sears/Bradley it would be hard to mess it up… but there’s also a chance we get to that point and find we really need Q in the rotation. Definitely things to considers on Qs end as well

I love Qs game WHEN HE IS ON. He just has these game long mental lapses where he is a total liability. I’d like him back but I’m slightly concerned bc I think it’s obvious we have recruited with the expectation he’s not coming back and it could create some issues with chemistry which was a major problem this year. I also would prefer have longer lineups this year and not sure about the need to have 3 true point guards under 6’3” on the roster. I’d rather see us fill out the roster with long 3/4 types like bridges where we can almost play positionless ball

I don’t think Q will be on the court again until atleast January and I do think if Bama has it rolling with Sears/Bradley it would be hard to mess it up… but there’s also a chance we get to that point and find we really need Q in the rotation. Definitely things to considers on Qs end as well
I loved Q’s game at the end of our prior season. He truly was a difference making, special player. Last year, he just was a totally different player. I don’t know what happened, but I would be ecstatic if the previous Q played for us again.

Reactions: Sheerperfection
but at this point with him being hurt i would rather have jalen bridges, kj williams, and antoine davis. if we can`t get all of them, go after another transfer.
I can’t get behind this. Q is someone who has been in the program for a couple years now and I think you guys undervalue experience and leadership.

Q has to be a big part of next year’s team, it might take him 1/3 of the season to get back into form, but his leadership is what all these new players will need.

I can’t get behind this. Q is someone who has been in the program for a couple years now and I think you guys undervalue experience and leadership.

Q has to be a big part of next year’s team, it might take him 1/3 of the season to get back into form, but his leadership is what all these new players will need.
im thinking it will take longer than 1/3 of the eason to get to 100%. maybe mid sec season.

I’ll be surprised if he gets back to 100% at any point next year, but I do hope so

Reactions: bet9
Not trying to be overly negative but I don’t want him back. The teams chemistry was awful this year and his lack of mental toughness/ aloofness is not needed on the newest members of next years team. We now have recruited to replace him after his comments of going pro. Now we won’t be able to recruit Davis. I think that’s a negative

Not trying to be overly negative but I don’t want him back. The teams chemistry was awful this year and his lack of mental toughness/ aloofness is not needed on the newest members of next years team. We now have recruited to replace him after his comments of going pro. Now we won’t be able to recruit Davis. I think that’s a negative
t think oats would take bridges and davis even if q comes back. i know we have contacted davis.

One question? When was leadership ever a known quantity of JQ?

Kind of what I was wondering. Don't get me wrong I love the idea of having a Sr. guard on the team but he was the face of a program last season that lacked leadership. Why are we expecting him to contribute more next season on a busted leg??

You have no clue what kind of leader Q was on the team. You don't have to be an in-your-face type of player to be a leader.

One question for you, Have you ever heard of player development? I swear some of you act as if players have no room to grow as both players and leaders...

You have no clue what kind of leader Q was on the team. You don't have to be an in-your-face type of player to be a leader.

One question for you, Have you ever heard of player development? I swear some of you act as if players have no room to grow as both players and leaders...
Have no clue? Watched him play all year and never saw any real leadership from a guy who is an upper class guy.
He should have been the guy/ but never was all year.

Has nothing to do with player development. You are like a broken record/ one with a bunch of scratches all over it.
I know/ I criticized a player.

Kind of what I was wondering. Don't get me wrong I love the idea of having a Sr. guard on the team but he was the face of a program last season that lacked leadership. Why are we expecting him to contribute more next season on a busted leg??
Thank You. G.O.A.T will obviously disagree.

There is a report that Oats told an A-Day gathering that JQ is returning and should be ready for the conference schedule.

Reactions: Codie B
For any of y’all blaming Q is ridiculous. He was not the isssue with chemistry. I lot of those guys are transferring out or moving on.

Plus he and shack were having to carry the team every game almost in order to win. That’s a lot on a player. He seemed to be especially at the end of the season one of the few guys that really wanted it.

For any of y’all blaming Q is ridiculous. He was not the isssue with chemistry. I lot of those guys are transferring out or moving on.

Plus he and shack were having to carry the team every game almost in order to win. That’s a lot on a player. He seemed to be especially at the end of the season one of the few guys that really wanted it.
Body language and his known aloofness is /was a problem but certainly not the only problem. Have you ever asked why he transferred from Villanova? He obviously told the world and Coach Oats that he was leaving . He left us hanging out to dry. I believe he should just go and live his dream in the G league and us try to replace him with a true leader. Really not wanting to argue but just one guys opinion with a little knowledge on the matter.

Body language and his known aloofness is /was a problem but certainly not the only problem. Have you ever asked why he transferred from Villanova? He obviously told the world and Coach Oats that he was leaving . He left us hanging out to dry. I believe he should just go and live his dream in the G league and us try to replace him with a true leader. Really not wanting to argue but just one guys opinion with a little knowledge on the matter.

He never wanted to be at nova to begin with, the ncaa screwed that up. So if you're blaming him for that then you don't know what you're talking about

The morons come out in full force in the offseason. Most of y'all will pretend never to have said the dumb crap y'all saying ITT when Q has a great season.

Idiots always think new equals better...

The morons come out in full force in the offseason. Most of y'all will pretend never to have said the dumb crap y'all saying ITT when Q has a great season.

I am always happy to eat crow and will own anything I said. Last season's issues belong to Oats and the team combined. Would love for anybody to point out some examples of Q (or anybody else on last season's team) being a clear leader. His best attribute is his quickness getting to the rim. No chance he doesn't lose a step.

I am always happy to eat crow and will own anything I said. Last season's issues belong to Oats and the team combined. Would love for anybody to point out some examples of Q (or anybody else on last season's team) being a clear leader. His best attribute is his quickness getting to the rim. No chance he doesn't lose a step.
Y'all do understand that leadership manifests itself in different ways. You're not in the locker room, team meetings, or practices.

Also, some players take a little longer to be the vocal leader a team might need. All apart of growth and development for these young men.

Reactions: rollem and bet9
If Q does not have his same quickness, then I don’t see how he would be able to help us. It is, BY FAR, his best attribute. Coming off that surgery, I don’t think the odds would be very high that he will immediately have it. Hoping for the best, but staying realistic.

I agree. Even if it’s only for the last 3 months of the season and he comes off the bench for 10-15 minutes a night, that would be huge for next years team. You could even make an argument he is better off the bench. Most teams/coaches would be thrilled to have a player of JQ’s caliber come back.

Idiots always think new is better! Wow that's the most accurate analysis I've heard in awhile. I'll take a proven all conference, sec tournament mvp over an unproven commodity anytime..

Reactions: bet9 and G.O.A.T-23
Here's how to look at Q for next year:
This past year we had multiple guys who played basically no minutes. This year would you have rather had frenchy, who never played, or a backup of Qs quality who was available down the stretch? Yes, he might not be as good coming back from injury. But he can probably provide more than frenchy did, which was absolutely nothing. So in that sense it represents modest improvement of the roster because you're at least getting something out of that spot

I really don’t get the Q hate. There were multiple big games this past season that we don’t win without him taking over. He was damn near the only player on the floor that could create space and score with the ball in his hands. Shack being the other of course.

Reactions: G.O.A.T-23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT