ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball ⚾️ I think I have solved Bama basketball problems

G.O.A.T-23

All American
Gold Member
Mar 19, 2019
It's me and my new found relationship with Hope. Whenever I start to have high expectations for this team, they fold. She left UGA football and moved in with me the day UGA won the NCG. From here on out if any of my posts about Bama basketball seems even in the least bit hopeful, please stop me.

It's me and my new found relationship with Hope. Whenever I start to have high expectations for this team, they fold. She left UGA football and moved in with me the day UGA won the NCG. From here on out if any of my posts about Bama basketball seems even in the least bit hopeful, please stop me.
I’m just jealous Hope moved in with you. Does she have a sister? Pretty cousin? Clone?

Our main problem can be summed up in one word...turnovers....just like it's huge in football, it's also huge in basketball.

I think Davidson has to attack the rim more and not try to kick it out for the 3 every time. It worked early on but now teams know he won’t try to finish at the rim and have adjusted. Also turnovers and lack of defensive effort at times has hurt. JMO

Im ok with this year if its the outlier.....but if this is the norm than i want no part of this!

Reactions: jtr4dad
I think Davidson has to attack the rim more and not try to kick it out for the 3 every time. It worked early on but now teams know he won’t try to finish at the rim and have adjusted. Also turnovers and lack of defensive effort at times has hurt. JMO
There’s too many people at the rim. He has no choice. Kick out out or drive into a crowd.

This is the "Hope" that I want to move in with me! 😎
190620-carlson-hope-hicks-hero_duqoou.jpg

This team has managed to be the most careless with the basketball in years. Sloppy, lazy passes and taking it in the paint with no plan plus getting the ball stolen have been traits of this team this year. We have had very few games with low turnovers in the stats sheet.

Reactions: BamaNavyCPO
I guess I’m too old abd can’t see but seems to me teams are guarding the 3. If everyone is at the rim then we have no chance because we can’t shoot the ball.
They may be guarding the ball side 3 but they’ll leave that to stop a layup if they have to bc we aren’t exactly knocking them down at a high rate. But we are generally going to have a guy in each corner. A guy that’s in the dunkers spot or he’s setting a ball screen. Then we have a guy on the backside wing area. So the guy guarding the dunkers spot is always over. They help down and then they one guy has the two on the backside. Its not hard to clog things up bc they 100% know where we will be standing when it’s time for them to recover. If we had more shooters, different story.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT