ADVERTISEMENT

if things keep going

F A U did all last year and did quite well
True...but if they were playing in a different conference during regular season play (say SEC), they may not have made the tourney. The team will make a lil noise, but they won't win the whole enchilada with a roster full of guards and one suspect big.

Reactions: HOUNDZTOOTH1
True...but if they were playing in a different conference during regular season play (say SEC), they may not have made the tourney. The team will make a lil noise, but they won't win the whole enchilada with a roster full of guards and one suspect big.
They would have done well in any conference … those players travelled
I agree that FAU would have lost more reg season games
The team was legitimate contender on any court in America

They would have done well in any conference … those players travelled
I agree that FAU would have lost more reg season games
The team was legitimate contender on any court in America
Not saying they were not a good team, but they "traveled" within their own conference. Had they "traveled" to Knoxville, Arkansas, Auburn, Tuscaloosa, KY, Miss St, LSU, etc,, on a consistent basis, I don't think they could hold up. An SEC sked wears a team down, regardless of sport.

I thought that @cola68 was referring to the cow college when he mentioned FAU. I had already forgotten about the other FAU since I stopped watching March Madness after we lost to San Diego State. The Final Four field ended up being worse than a lot of pre-season holiday tournaments.
A single team can catch lightening in a bottle with the right bracket in a given year. The Final Four was a result of a lot of upsets. It happens. Regardless, UConn was by far the most complete team. But FAU earned their right to play. Let's not diminish their feat.

Not only be playing small ball, but unless JQ comes back we will be playing small ball w/o a point guard. People in the know think he is coming back, but l have my doubts.
I may be the only one on this board but I’m done with JQ. Wish him well I hope he makes a lot of money.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT