ADVERTISEMENT

if you could have

mr4bama

All American
Gold Member
Feb 13, 2017
3 players that played at bama together come in next year, who would be? i got to take robert horry, latrell sprewell, and james robinson. they would be great in coach oats system. all can run and shoot. roll tide

Good group mr4bama. I think James Robinson may have hogged the ball too much for my taste on this team. The first thought that came to my mind was Alvin Lee, the best shooter at Bama that I have ever seen play, Robert Horry, and Keith Askins, who could not only shoot, but had great length, and played defense with the best of them. Micheal Ansley played with them too, and there is always room for a player who could do what he did his last two seasons at Bama.
Derrick McKey, Terry Coner, and Mike Gottfried would be a tough threesome to turn down too. McKey was as good a big man as we have ever had, and was very athletic. Coner was a really good PG, who averaged 7 assists a game his last two seasons, and was a smart, quality shooter. Gottfried was a really good outside shooter. The other thing this trio was were great foul shooters, averaging 86%, 85%, & 75% from the FT line their last year together. I am sure all us Bama fans would love to see that from the foul line after some of our struggles there, especially in our bigger games(ref UCLA in the sweet sixteen). Michael Ansley, also, played with that trio.

When Wimp was asked if Spreewell ever jumped on him and whipped his ass like he did the pro coach he replied, "Nah, but l was a damn good candiate for it".

He also said, Hollywood never saw a shot he didn't like.

Wimp is one of a kind. There will never be another like him.

Good group mr4bama. I think James Robinson may have hogged the ball too much for my taste on this team. The first thought that came to my mind was Alvin Lee, the best shooter at Bama that I have ever seen play, Robert Horry, and Keith Askins, who could not only shoot, but had great length, and played defense with the best of them. Micheal Ansley played with them too, and there is always room for a player who could do what he did his last two seasons at Bama.
Derrick McKey, Terry Coner, and Mike Gottfried would be a tough threesome to turn down too. McKey was as good a big man as we have ever had, and was very athletic. Coner was a really good PG, who averaged 7 assists a game his last two seasons, and was a smart, quality shooter. Gottfried was a really good outside shooter. The other thing this trio was were great foul shooters, averaging 86%, 85%, & 75% from the FT line their last year together. I am sure all us Bama fans would love to see that from the foul line after some of our struggles there, especially in our bigger games(ref UCLA in the sweet sixteen). Michael Ansley, also, played with that trio.
You've got to add Antonio McDyess to your impressive list.

Reactions: budog and DrElliot
Hollywood never met a shot he didn't like.

Reactions: budog and Codie B
Skimmed the recruiting rankings since 2002. Only one I’d consider adding is JaMychael Green but not sure how much of an upgrade he would be over our current line. Before then, Sprewell is the clear number 1. I think the other choices I would use to upgrade the center position and add McDyess (even though he was a PF) and Hurt. But the only one who would make the team much much much better is Sprewell.

I still think some didn’t read mr4bama’s post correctly. He said 3 players, THAT PLAYED TOGETHER AT THE SAME TIME AT Bama. I still like my answer of putting Coner, Gottfried, and McKey on this team(hint: they all played together at Bama). Replacing Q’s minutes with Coner would help dramatically with our biggest issues, turnovers and shooting. Add in the increased assists and it is even better. Gottfried would be the extra really good long range shooter that would really open things up for this team in the lane. McKey, would be the the dominant, athletic big man that would work well in CNO’s system, and would greatly benefit from the shooting of Coner, Gottfried, and Miller. With these players, Miller would have all kinds of room to create even more havoc. Plus, those 3 would greatly help another weakness we tend to have, which is FT shooting.

Reactions: mtmax
3 players that played at bama together come in next year, who would be? i got to take robert horry, latrell sprewell, and james robinson. they would be great in coach oats system. all can run and shoot. roll tide
Robert Horry has to be one of the best.
Robert Horry had a championship-laden NBA career. He is most notably known for winning 7 rings with 3 different franchises. In fact, he is the only player in NBA history to win 7 Championships and not play for the Boston Celtics. He was part of the Los Angeles Lakers team that completed a three-peat led by Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O’Neal. Horry was a great role player on championship-winning teams and had multiple moments where he came up clutch for the team. He had a knack for making big-time shots in championship games earning him the name “Big Shot Bob”

Reactions: lainey2020
Knowing that defense travels my three BAMA players that played together are.
Gary Waites - PG
Keith Askins - SF
Robert Horry - PF

I will admit I am a little biased as these guys played together when I worked with the BKB team.

Reactions: Codie B
Knowing that defense travels my three BAMA players that played together are.
Gary Waites - PG
Keith Askins - SF
Robert Horry - PF

I will admit I am a little biased as these guys played together when I worked with the BKB team.
that was a good team.

Reactions: Codie B
Man there have some great ones mentioned in this thread, but I think I would have to go back to the 75-76 team and put Leon Douglass, Reggie King and Ricky Brown in my top 3. Ricky Brown played the center spot at only “6’8” and he was a damn force.

Anthony Murray and T.R. Dunn were 2 that were tuff to cut off of that list. I believe that xcop and I were looking at the same team.

I realize that he was definitely a better pro than he was a college player, but David Benoit never seems to get mentioned when talking about Bama greats of the past. He was as athletic as anyone to ever wear the Crimson and White.

Great thread mr4 Bama.

ROLL TIDE!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT