ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball ⚾️ I'm doing it, I know I'm doing it, but I can't stop myself from doing it.

G.O.A.T-23

All American
Gold Member
Mar 19, 2019
Filling out brackets and I keep talking myself into placing this Alabama team in the second weekend of the tourney.

It's like I'm an abused spouse who keeps coming back hoping my abuser will change.

I sad part is I know what's going to happen. I will watch them lose, I will make my way to the Gameday thread and I will take out all my frustration there. I will argue with many of you who here who will try to tell my how unreasonable I'm being and you might be right, but I just won't care.

Filling out brackets and I keep talking myself into placing this Alabama team in the second weekend of the tourney.

It's like I'm an abused spouse who keeps coming back hoping my abuser will change.

I sad part is I know what's going to happen. I will watch them lose, I will make my way to the Gameday thread and I will take out all my frustration there. I will argue with many of you who here who will try to tell my how unreasonable I'm being and you might be right, but I just won't care.
I see "Hope" is still residing with you! I am lowering my expectations, that way any win is an unexpected pleasure. 😎 🍻

Hey, when is it my day for Hope to come see me?
For once I think you spoke words that reflect about exactly what I’m thinking.

Reactions: BamaNavyCPO
I see "Hope" is still residing with you! I am lowering my expectations, that way any win is an unexpected pleasure. 😎 🍻
I know that is the way to do it, that way I'm not disappointed. But they can beat Texas Tech. I've watch them play a couple times this year and I think it's a good matchup for Bama. Tech is a half court time that slows it down and plays tough defense from the inside out. Jokes on them, Bama doesn't play in the post much...

Hey, when is it my day for Hope to come see me?
For once I think you spoke words that reflect about exactly what I’m thinking.
I've been trying to give her away. I told myself after the Vandy loss I was not going to do this to myself. I have a problem and it's a good thing I stopped gambling.

Reactions: StablerCountry
I know that is the way to do it, that way I'm not disappointed. But they can beat Texas Tech. I've watch them play a couple times this year and I think it's a good matchup for Bama. Tech is a half court time that slows it down and plays tough defense from the inside out. Jokes on them, Bama doesn't play in the post much...
AMEN!
I would like to suggest they concentrate more on defending the 3, but our guys have been drawing iron more often than not shooting the 3.

AMEN!
I would like to suggest they concentrate more on defending the 3, but our guys have been drawing iron more often than not shooting the 3.
I hate reality checks.

reality-check-webseries.gif

Here is the secret. Do 2 brackets. One where Bama advances and won where we fail. I saw Portnoy has Bama not making it and the computer for Sportsline having us not make it. Maybe it can be bulletin board material.

Reactions: G.O.A.T-23
Embrace the heartbreak. A new season starts this week and if we start 2-0 then it's been a great season. But I'll be pissing and moaning come Friday too.

Reactions: G.O.A.T-23
I do something weirder, i get absolutely irate with the team and eviscerate them in the game thread while simultaneously getting offended and defending them when others talk the same shit
Glad I’m not the only one who does this.

I recall posting something like “WTF JD!!!” after one of his many stupid turnovers. Then got into it with another poster who pretty much did the same, he just added a few more colorful words about JD and his stupid turnovers.

Hell it might have been you, I was drinking so…

Glad I’m not the only one who does this.

I recall posting something like “WTF JD!!!” after one of his many stupid turnovers. Then got into it with another poster who pretty much did the same, he just added a few more colorful words about JD and his stupid turnovers.

Hell it might have been you, I was drinking so…

@G.O.A.T-23

Hope snuck out of your house and stopped by and seen me. I just picked Bama to make the Sweet 16 on my work bracket?
Money at stake and Hope done convinced me.

I usually have Bama going to the final four or at minimum elite 8, so you're not so bad off. Often end up with 3 or 4 of the final 8 teams being from the sec. But I do look for opportunities to eliminate auburn earlier than the others.

Last edited:
We need some answers in the second half of games. We’ve been outscored in the second half 4 straight games and 6 of last 8. It would be 4 straight losses if not for the fact we had a 23 point lead on SC at the half and they trimmed it down to 6 in the second half.

...and "Hope" claims another victim! G.O.A.T. you are responsible for this calamity. ☠️
Hahaha....sorry. G.O.A.T. has nothing to do with it. I was very fortunate to have viewed a couple of decent teams from the end of the bench back in the early 80's so I have a good idea of what I see and DON'T see on this team. When they play well, they can beat anyone. Lately, they have not played so well and .....well....I know what I am seeing.

I still HOPE for a miracle turn around back to that early season form.
In filling out my bracket, HOPE was not sitting with me holding my hand.

:)

Hahaha....sorry. G.O.A.T. has nothing to do with it. I was very fortunate to have viewed a couple of decent teams from the end of the bench back in the early 80's so I have a good idea of what I see and DON'T see on this team. When they play well, they can beat anyone. Lately, they have not played so well and .....well....I know what I am seeing.

I still HOPE for a miracle turn around back to that early season form.
In filling out my bracket, HOPE was not sitting with me holding my hand.

:)
WHAT! You don't have "HOPE?" You don't have a smidgen of a chance to win. Sorry. :cool:

Man the hoops media is BIG TIME on the Bama bust train. I expected a couple guys to mark us as a team with potential to make a run but everyone thinks Bama drops game 1 and has no shot really.

based on tournament history this may be a great spot.

Do you know the definition of insane?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT