ADVERTISEMENT

In seeing Javian today

Pachyderms

All American
Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
I was reminded that I thought he was good and had a lot of potential. Somebody explain why he left and we kept Rojas?

Smith couldn’t shoot the three is my guess. Not that Rojas is a world beater beyond the arc.

Reactions: pfaud001
I think the Rojas we saw today is the one CNO has been expecting after his recovery. He is quicker than Smith and fits well when he plays under control.

rojas catching alot of shit for silly fouls and turnovers but when he gives us minutes like he did today he is valuable on both ends of the court.
[ agree. i said earlier that rojas and gary are like a bull in a china shop at times, but they hussle like hell and bring a lot of energy to the whole team at times. i t/hink they /are a little raw along with ambrose-hilton, but i think they all are gonna be studs for us before their time is up at bama. oats just has to polish them up a little

Yea he made a couple contested lay ups I didn’t think he would make.
Yep. One lefty one that was contested. Made a three. Made a couple really good passes that led to points. No charges. Didn’t foul
Immediately on defense when he came in. If he gives us anything close to that we these next couple weeks, that’s huge.

Last edited:
Yea man we could definitely use him. He has a BEAUTIFUL jump shot. Just could never get it to fall at bama. Happy for him though.
Hated losing him. I kept thinking Forbes was going to make one and the dan was going to break for him. It just never happened. He played hard. Always around the ball. I didn’t understand that one. It seemed like he fit the system.

Hated losing him. I kept thinking Forbes was going to make one and the dan was going to break for him. It just never happened. He played hard. Always around the ball. I didn’t understand that one. It seemed like he fit the system.
forbes would have helped but whos place at guard would he take.

forbes would have helped but whos place at guard would he take.
He might not be a starter, but if he was I’d say over Primo. Or come off the bench and take some of Ellis’s minutes. Unfortunately we will never know.

Javian did not fit CNO system as he was a rim to rim type player, lacks lateral quickness and couldn’t perform the extended floor switching Defense that CNO utilizes.

Javian is a system player. He like many other players, needs the right system to succeed.

Rojas is still not 100% from ACL and appears to be showing small flashes here and there, plus to me he looks a few pounds too heavy that may be affecting his quickness. He does create some chaos when he comes in and will be needed to agitate some Bigs in the Tourney.

Last edited:
Reactions: oslim
Forbes is a better shooter than anyone on our roster. Hes better than petty, primo, ellis. He was an ALL AMERICAN.

What do you mean by he was an all American? Do you think he was actually like an All-American for the whole country?

Javian did not fit CNO system as he was a rim to rim type player, lacks lateral quickness and couldn’t perform the extended floor switching Defense that CNO utilizes.

Javian is a system player. He like many other players, needs the right system to succeed.

Rojas is still not 100% from ACL and appears to be showing small flashes here and there, plus to me he looks a few pounds too heavy that may be affecting his quickness. He does create some chaos when he comes in and will be needed to agitate some Bigs in the Tourney.
Agreed. Rojas could stand to lose a few lbs (so could I), but all too often that chaos he creates is channeled in the wrong direction and adds to our TO total.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT