ADVERTISEMENT

It Really Stinks to be a Georgia Fan OR

• Thread starter anon_hegj62ivu8t99
  • Start date
A

anon_hegj62ivu8t99

an Auburn fan OR a Clemson fan. Each of these school's fans consider their team to be among the top ELITE teams in college history, yet all of them have only won TWO NC's each. While we as Bama fans can readily recall 6-8 NC's lost by a single play or biased voters, we have 17 NC's to celebrate! In fact, I get confused trying to remember the details of some of ours since there have been so many.

And now Georgia, in particular, have to be the most miserable fans ever as they see yet another season ruined by the Tide on the most excruciating fashion imaginable! Now if we can chalk up #18 (which would, most likely be at Clemson's expense), they can all suffer through off-season hating Alabama and wallowing in lost chances, blaming referees, concocting conspiracies, second-guessing coaches' decisions, etc.

Lesson #1? You are NOT an elite program with only 2 NC's in 125+/- seasons!
Lesson #2? Therefore if you continue to expect to win more, you will be sorely disappointed.
Lesson #3? The truly elite program - BAMA of course - has created a whole set of 'Bama Problems'; financing trips to all the playoff games, restocking Championship gear almost annually, trying to temper expectations down a little, and ultimately dealing with those RARE losses that almost always cost us another NC. But I, for one, revel in these 'Bama Problems'!

Roll Tide. BTW, anyone know a good artist who could paint an elephant on my shaved head like the Dawg fans who get Bulldogs painted on theirs? Cool.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News