ADVERTISEMENT

Jaden Bradley Enters Portal

Jordan Harper

Head Basketball Analyst
Staff
Dec 28, 2011
Florence, AL
Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I'd prefer he stays. But there is a small part of me that wants anyone connected to the January murder to move on. Next season I could easily see the media making a big deal about Bradley being there since Miller will no longer be on the team.

Honestly, I'd prefer he stays. But there is a small part of me that wants anyone connected to the January murder to move on. Next season I could easily see the media making a big deal about Bradley being there since Miller will no longer be on the team.
Vegas
You stole my post 😜

This is tough because this guy is going to be hell on wheels

Reactions: bet9 and vegas man
He most likely needs a change of scenery. Unfortunate to say the least. Not gonna recognize a bunch of guys next year.
Yes, that’s the unfortunate truth. But last year we didn’t recognize the newcomers like Miller, Clowney, Bradley, Griffin, Pringle, Sears, Burnett so no difference this coming year. Just the culture of college basketball these days. Need more efficient shooting from the guys next year

Bradley hit the freshman wall about the same time as the news broke that he was there the night of the shooting. He simply hasn't been the same since. So I suspect this is more about simply getting out of town than anything else. I suppose Oats could have told him he might want to look around.

I also wonder how much of him asking coach to start JQ was really Bradley offering and how much was Oats hinting/asking. If the former then that's a hard confidence to get back without some pretty dramatic changes. No player, not even a "team player", tells the coach to play the other guy unless he's got one foot out the door and his confidence is down in needs therapy territory. At the very least it hints of a kid ready to quit but not ready to outright abandon the team. So he asks for the bench instead.

He was huge for us in Dec and early Jan so I have a little tinge of fear of what we might be losing here. If, big IF maybe, but if his shot got just good enough to be reliable he will be great college pg. I hope we never have to play against him. Now watch him start in cow town in two years and put up 30 points and 10 assists.

Man we need to hang on to guys like him.
Yep but unfortunately this is college basketball now. I was listening to Dan Dakisch yesterday. He said multiple coaches have told him that kids don't even care if their style fits in with a team or not. Strictly about the money. Not saying that's the case with Bradley but It's a whole new world.

Reactions: pfaud001
Wish him nothing but the best. Always liked a lot about his game and how physical he was. But at the end of the day if he doesn't develop as a shooter his ceiling is capped.
Exactly, easier to turn scorers into defenders than defenders into scorers

Reactions: bet9
I can’t say if I was his father that I wouldn’t have suggested a change of scenery for him.

The timing of his scoring slump at the time of intense media scrutiny was too much.

I tired of hearing about it and I wasn’t present at the shooting. I can imagine what it was like for the team.

He is a very good player and I wish him all the success

Yep but unfortunately this is college basketball now. I was listening to Dan Dakisch yesterday. He said multiple coaches have told him that kids don't even care if their style fits in with a team or not. Strictly about the money. Not saying that's the case with Bradley but It's a whole new world.
NIL- again is beyond a detriment to the college game. It just is.

These guys should get paid even if they do not develop nor produce. Its good for the game. :( (I'm being sarcastic).

Reactions: phklyce18
These guys should get paid even if they do not develop nor produce. Its good for the game. :( (I'm being sarcastic).
Sooo much money out there. Players want a piece of the pie and adults are wanting the glory of "helping" a player sign with a school.

At present time we have no point guards, or power forwards on our roster. Hopefully that will change soon.

Of our great Freshman class last year Rylan Griffin is the only one remaining.

• Wow
Reactions: bet9 and pfaud001
True, but we had a great recruiting class coming in. We don't have that this year. I know it's still early, but we haven't done well in the portal yet either.
I have tempered my expectations for the upcoming season unless we catch fire recruiting and/or transfers.

True, but we had a great recruiting class coming in. We don't have that this year. I know it's still early, but we haven't done well in the portal yet either.
There’s also been very little movement in the portal as well. Also it’s tough when you only have 1 assistant as well. I’m honestly not worried about the portal because I know they’ll land the right guys even if it’s not the flashy names most want.

I think this recruiting class is going to surprise people.

I also think some might underestimate Oats ability to develop players and a team quickly.

Reactions: bet9 and pfaud001
There’s also been very little movement in the portal as well. Also it’s tough when you only have 1 assistant as well. I’m honestly not worried about the portal because I know they’ll land the right guys even if it’s not the flashy names most want.

Have we ever gotten an elite grad transfer? Im not saying some of these small school transfers having turned out good but I can't remember getting someone from a big school in a big conference that wasn't based on potential.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT