ADVERTISEMENT

jaelin liewellyn

mr4bama

All American
Gold Member
Feb 13, 2017
point guard from princeton has backed out of his commit to clemson. i think bama would still take him. i know we have sears, bradley, and q but in the past oats has played two point guards at one time.

Right now we only have 4 guards. Hard to play a 4 guard offense if one is in foul trouble. We need 1-2 more and hopefully JQ returns but that only helps us half the season.

Reactions: bet9 and Codie B
Right now we only have 4 guards. Hard to play a 4 guard offense if one is in foul trouble. We need 1-2 more and hopefully JQ returns but that only helps us half the season.
yeah, it would be nice to have a great shooter but dont know if anyone wants the competition with burnett and griffen. most transfers are looking to play right away.

point guard from princeton has backed out of his commit to clemson. i think bama would still take him. i know we have sears, bradley, and q but in the past oats has played two point guards at one time.
I never understood why he chose Clemson in the first place. And when it comes to transfers there is nothing binding when they commit. They can change their minds up until the time they actually enroll at a school.

Reactions: Sheerperfection
If we tipped it off tomorrow with our current roster, I believe the starting 5 would be
1 - Sears
2 - Burnett
3 - Miller or Miles
4- Miller or Miles… possibly Gurley
5 - Bediako

we would have Bradley, Griffen, and eventually Quinerly at guard off the bench, 2 of which are obviously point guards. I personally see more of the need at the 3/4 kind of hybrid guy like we were going after in Bridges. Length that can handle the ball some is big. If we can get a guy that bumps miles to a bench role that would be a huge plus. No bc I dislike miles.. I like his game and his potential, but if he starts I want it to be bc he has taken another step in his game and beat someone out, not just by default

Last edited:
Reactions: flip1 and bet9
If we tipped it off tomorrow with our current roster, I believe the starting 5 would be
1 - Sears
2 - Burnett
3 - Miller or Miles
4- Miller or Miles… possibly Gurley
5 - Bediako

we would have Bradley, Griffen, and eventually Quinerly at guard off the bench, 2 of which are obviously point guards. I personally see more of the need at the 3/4 kind of hybrid guy like we were going after in Bridges. Length that can handle the ball some is big. If we can get a guy that bumps miles to a bench role that would be a huge plus. No bc I dislike miles.. I like his game and his potential, but if he starts I want it to be bc he has taken another step in his game and beat someone out, not just by default
Personally, I see:
1: Sears
2: Griffen
3: Burnett
4: Miller
5: Bediako

With Gurley being the first big off the bench. I am not expecting much from Q, especially since he is not expected back until SEC play starts. I am not a huge fan of playing Miles at one of our 3 G spots as much. I think, in CNO’s system, we are good with bigs: Bediako, Miller(I see him more as a 4 in CNO’s system), Gurley, Clowney, Pringle, Miles can play 4 in a smaller lineup. I would like another combo G who can handle the ball some and is a good shooter. Just my opinion.

Reactions: tomg505
Personally, I see:

With Gurley being the first big off the bench. I am not expecting much from Q, especially since he is not expected back until SEC play starts. I am not a huge fan of playing Miles at one of our 3 G spots as much. I think, in CNO’s system, we are good with bigs: Bediako, Miller(I see him more as a 4 in CNO’s system), Gurley, Clowney, Pringle, Miles can play 4 in a smaller lineup. I would like another combo G who can handle the ball some and is a good shooter. Just my opinion.
i like that lineup. i hope they have good chemistry together.

Personally, I see:

I like that lineup as well. I just know Miller is really more like a guard… but I like our 4 to play more like a guard in our system with length

If Griffin starts we're in big trouble. He's definitely not physically ready for SEC play. Griffin is alot like Holt, gonna take him some time to develop

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT