ADVERTISEMENT

Jarin Stevenson Commits to Alabama and Reclassifies to 2023

Good work by Oats! If Nelson makes it to campus then Bediako and Clowney leaving maybe won't hurt nearly as much as it looked like it would.

Season 8 Nbc GIF by The Office

Well good for Bama. I hate these kids skipping their last year of high school. Those should be some of the best days.
Yeah, I didn't get it when kids were eager to leave after fall to enroll early in Jan. I definitely don't get the reclassifying bit to skip HS.

That being said, at that age I would have preferred losing the senior year at my high school to go to college more than the prep route to something like IMG Academy. In that case not only are you essentially skipping your last year of HS, you're also still not to your college goal.

Reactions: bet9
The young man is still a teenager with an undeveloped frame. He will be playing one of the toughest positions in college ball. while he is extremely talented, remember it takes time to develop into a power forward. Expectations are high for this young man, but we must keep them realistic.

The young man is still a teenager with an undeveloped frame. He will be playing one of the toughest positions in college ball. while he is extremely talented, remember it takes time to develop into a power forward. Expectations are high for this young man, but we must keep them realistic.
There will be growing pains for sure. I think he will be a solid contributor by February. To your point, it will take time. The upside is crazy high.

I am expecting 20 pts and 10 boards per game leading to an early exit from college to be a top 5 pick in next year's NBA draft. Anything short of this and I will consider Stevenson a bust of epic proportions.

I am expecting 20 pts and 10 boards per game leading to an early exit from college to be a top 5 pick in next year's NBA draft. Anything short of this and I will consider Stevenson a bust of epic proportions.
i think you will be disappointed, but he probably will develop into a nba talent in a few years.

Reactions: bet9 and lainey2020
What Nate Oats has been able to do on the recruiting front is truly incredible. I feel like Pettway and Hodgson were given a lot of credit in recruiting (and rightfully so), but even with an entirely new coaching staff, Oats is still able to bring in kids like Stevenson.

What Nate Oats has been able to do on the recruiting front is truly incredible. I feel like Pettway and Hodgson were given a lot of credit in recruiting (and rightfully so), but even with an entirely new coaching staff, Oats is still able to bring in kids like Stevenson.
good post. best we have had around here.

Ok, now I can exhale! WHEW!
Good job by Harper keeping us informed. Stevenson needs to live at the dinning facility (please eat steaks, not rice cakes and wheat germ) and the weight room. Hopefully by SEC play he will have added a few pounds and some muscles.

i think you will be disappointed, but he probably will develop into a nba talent in a few years.
itysl-i-think-you-should-leave.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT