ADVERTISEMENT

Jarin Stevenson

This guy would be a huge get! Not on Miller's level and not a replacement for chuck-We need this next coach to be the recruiter he is rumored to be . Hopefully he has some Eastern European in his sites. Ha

This guy would be a huge get! Not on Miller's level and not a replacement for chuck-We need this next coach to be the recruiter he is rumored to be . Hopefully he has some Eastern European in his sites. Ha
We can find defense for Chuck. We all wish he would come back but Bama won’t miss his offensive production. Get Stevenson and find a big body to replace Chuck’s defensive presence and we’ll be fine.

Reactions: bet9 and xcop
I alway wondered why oats never recruited a big corn bread fead guy to replace Bediako. Yes, Chuck could be a force under the rim if he wasn’t pushed out by a stronger opponent. I’ll take a heavy 6’ 10” big that can guard the rim. Timme is the model big I would like to see. I thought Tennessee had a better big than Chuck. Get a guy that when fouled can make a FG and we will never look back.

I alway wondered why oats never recruited a big corn bread fead guy to replace Bediako. Yes, Chuck could be a force under the rim if he wasn’t pushed out by a stronger opponent. I’ll take a heavy 6’ 10” big that can guard the rim. Timme is the model big I would like to see. I thought Tennessee had a better big than Chuck. Get a guy that when fouled can make a FG and we will never look back.

It's harder than you think to find those guys

clueless

Timme (“ is the model big”) is a really good player but if you’re suggesting he is a player that can protect the rim and muscle folks under the basket, you lost me.

Oats wants guys who can run the floor.. the biguns typically cannot keep up with the pace

Timme (“ is the model big”) is a really good player but if you’re suggesting he is a player that can protect the rim and muscle folks under the basket, you lost me.

Oats wants guys who can run the floor.. the biguns typically cannot keep up with the pace
Nailed it

Oats had a good year this year because he had Guards that could hit a 3 pointer & rebound. If your asking me to trust this young coach as in saying trust Saban you have lost me. If your implying that Bediako had the presence under the rim again come back to the planet earth. There was 3 centers in the SEC that had better rim protection than Bediako. I wish him the best of luck but he’s going to need more than luck. I do believe he made progress this year. Get ready for a mediocre this year unless something happens on the portal. It’s just the way it is.

Oats had a good year this year because he had Guards that could hit a 3 pointer & rebound. If you’re asking me to trust this young coach as in saying trust Saban you have lost me. If you’re implying that Bediako had the presence under the rim again come back to the planet earth. There was 3 centers in the SEC that had better rim protection than Bediako. I wish him the best of luck but he’s going to need more than luck. I do believe he made progress this year. Get ready for a mediocre this year unless something happens on the portal. It’s just the way it is.
Your narrative that we had guards that dominated rebounding is just plain wrong. No offense.

Oats had a good year this year because he had Guards that could hit a 3 pointer & rebound. If your asking me to trust this young coach as in saying trust Saban you have lost me. If your implying that Bediako had the presence under the rim again come back to the planet earth. There was 3 centers in the SEC that had better rim protection than Bediako. I wish him the best of luck but he’s going to need more than luck. I do believe he made progress this year. Get ready for a mediocre this year unless something happens on the portal. It’s just the way it is.

I said that Timme didn’t meet that criteria at all. Timme would run the floor extremely well. But in your example he did not meet that standard

Bediako is a better shot blocker than Timme and the shots that he didn’t block his 7ft 3 in wingspan certainly alters some .

And for a big he ran the floor well.

Charles is not an all sec player and unless he is getting a sweet contract, he should have come back

Your narrative that we had guards that dominated rebounding is just plain wrong.
I said that Timme didn’t meet that criteria at all. Timme would run the floor extremely well. But in your example he did not meet that standard

Bediako is a better shot blocker than Timme and the shots that he didn’t block his 7ft 3 in wingspan certainly alters some .

And for a big he ran the floor well.

Charles is not an all sec player and unless he is getting a sweet contract, he should have come back
Timme defended the rim and was a force this year in Birmingham against Alabama. Miller is the only reason it wasn’t a blow out. I don’t follow their team so I don’t know his stats. I’m just going on what I saw in one game. He pushed Bediako around. Tn’s big got away with a lot but he also sent Bediako to school. I hate it for Bediako that he chose to go out early. I hate it for Oats that these kids go early instead of improving their draft positions. It is a good selling point every player that is successful.

Reactions: bet9
Timme had great footwork to position himself on offense & defense. And, carried enough weight not to be pushed around. One of the biggest reasons for Charles to return would be to but on more muscle.

Reactions: bet9
Timme had great footwork to position himself on offense & defense. And, carried enough weight not to be pushed around. One of the biggest reasons for Charles to return would be to but on more muscle.
Timme has great footwork on the offensive end. I’ll give you that. He’s not overly athletic and is subpar defensively IMO.

Reactions: pfaud001 and cola68
Paraphrased from an nba scouting article on Timme

He is a mchale throwback on offense with excellent post moves

but he has severe limitations on defense that will be exposed in the NBA by quicker more athletic forwards

He lacks athleticism and lateral quickness so he will be exposed by nba guards on the pick and roll in wide open offenses

He is a terrible three point shooter ; regressed as he has been in college. 25% career

Sub 70% free throw shooter

He is late second round projection (upper 40’s) because the scouts do not see him as a guy who will ever stretch the floor.

Last edited:
Timme has great footwork on the offensive end. I’ll give you that. He’s not overly athletic and is subpar defensively IMO.
What did he score in Birmingham? How many blocked shots did Charles have? You do the math.

Timme defended the rim and was a force this year in Birmingham against Alabama. Miller is the only reason it wasn’t a blow out. I don’t follow their team so I don’t know his stats. I’m just going on what I saw in one game. He pushed Bediako around. Tn’s big got away with a lot but he also sent Bediako to school. I hate it for Bediako that he chose to go out early. I hate it for Oats that these kids go early instead of improving their draft positions. It is a good selling point every player that is successful.
I was referring to you continually saying that our guards were our best rebounders and that just wasn’t true in any way shape or form

What did he score in Birmingham? How many blocked shots did Charles have? You do the math.
I think you really need to go back and watch that game again. Chuck did a pretty dang good job of defending the paint. Chuck wasn't just asked to guard Timme his job was to protect the rim against everyone. He forced a lot of pull up floaters it just happened to be that the zags made almost all of them. His defense on Timme was pretty great as well. Over half of Timme's points came from the FT line or off of other defenders besides Bediako. You probably didn't know this but Timme had 6 turnovers in that game. The only game he had more than that in his entire career was against Xavier 3 weeks earlier when he had 7.

If your argument is Timme is a great defender because Bediako only made 2 shots its a pretty terrible argument because he only took 2 shots. Every one knows Timme doesn't have what it takes defensively to play at the next level. His offense is the only thing that is going to give him a chance at playing in the NBA. The game we played against them was determined by us turning the ball over 21 times and noone besides Miller decided to show up behind the arc not because Timme just dominated the paint on both ends.

lt's hard for me to understand how somebody can reclassify this time of year. Has he already graduated or would he be a January enrollee? He is a big man l would love to have.

Reactions: budog
If a big can't run, we're not signing him. Period
I keep hearing that, but after Bediako’s 4 point average and blocking maybe 2 a game. Along with our two 4’s getting most of the rebounds. I don’t see how running up and down the court matters when Timme got 28 points against us.

I keep hearing that, but after Bediako’s 4 point average and blocking maybe 2 a game. Along with our two 4’s getting most of the rebounds. I don’t see how running up and down the court matters when Timme got 28 points against us.
Musso, you’ve got a reading comprehension challenge that no poster on here can solve.

They run a totally different O and D for which Timme fits. It's not rocket science. We need five guys who can run and keep up the pace. We are not going to sign a guy who can't keep up.

They run a totally different O and D for which Timme fits. It's not rocket science. We need five guys who can run and keep up the pace. We are not going to sign a guy who can't keep up.
I guess you’re right. Just tired of seeing our center pushed around under the rim. I would like to get a average 15 points from a center that can produce at the rim and make a free throw.

l'm not trying to knock anybody, but l don't see how anybody can think Bediako not coming back is a good thing. Kid was a really tough defender and l thought did a great job at the 5 posistion for us last year. l'm damn glad Pringle is not going anywhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT