ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Bilas picks Bama to go to final Four

Easily final four. You know being a bama fan, and it's nice to see bilas thinks like we do. While the corporate lackey has us losing to Texas. If you can't be a homer on a year like this, well your name would be Reese Davis.

IMO, there are 5 teams that could possibly beat Gonzaga...
Baylor
West Va
Oklahoma State
Illinois on their best day
Alabama

The Committee totally dicked OkState & WVa by putting them in same regional.

Reactions: PlaidandParquet
I hope We get Past Iona, be real Embarrassing loosing in the First Round.

Seriously. Everyone needs to slow down with the final 4 talk. We're getting too much rat poison from national talking heads that dismissed us for decades whenever we were near the bubble. For a minute or so we're a sexy pick for a team that isn't a 1 seed.

Iona will give us all we want for a first round 15 seed. Might as well be playing a legit at large 11 seed or something. Not to mention Oats hardest job to date may be getting this team dialed in again after so much emotion from winning the the conference tournament. Pitino has already said he's seen us play a fair bit because he watches UK games. He'll find a way to attack us and make us take care of the ball. They shouldn't beat us but I don't expect an easy game.

If we get by Iona like we should then UConn won't be easy. And Texas just won the Big12 championship so I'm not sure that round of 16 game looks all that easy all of a sudden.

Some were saying they liked our draw because Mich is the 1 seed in our bracket. We have to get through 3 tough games to even get to that game.

Seriously. Everyone needs to slow down with the final 4 talk. We're getting too much rat poison from national talking heads that dismissed us for decades whenever we were near the bubble. For a minute or so we're a sexy pick for a team that isn't a 1 seed.

Iona will give us all we want for a first round 15 seed. Might as well be playing a legit at large 11 seed or something. Not to mention Oats hardest job to date may be getting this team dialed in again after so much emotion from winning the the conference tournament. Pitino has already said he's seen us play a fair bit because he watches UK games. He'll find a way to attack us and make us take care of the ball. They shouldn't beat us but I don't expect an easy game.

If we get by Iona like we should then UConn won't be easy. And Texas just won the Big12 championship so I'm not sure that round of 16 game looks all that easy all of a sudden.

Some were saying they liked our draw because Mich is the 1 seed in our bracket. We have to get through 3 tough games to even get to that game.
Have you seen ionas schedule?
Lay the points

I think I've got like 4 sec teams in the elite 8. And 2 in the final four. Sometimes it's not about being right, but picking bama and the sec where possible. Just not auburn, ever. It's sad but I advanced lsu, as bad as I despise them simply because it would be nice to beat them again. And they are obviously quite a capable 8 seed.

Reactions: pfaud001

Great post/ many forget that Alabama has won exactly ONE NCAA tourney game in 16 years. ONE. Let that sink in for a moment. Final Four talk needs to be severely put on hold.

Great post/ many forget that Alabama has won exactly ONE NCAA tourney game in 16 years. ONE. Let that sink in for a moment. Final Four talk needs to be severely put on hold.
Show me the other teams that have done great lately that are in the tournament. The bluebloods are out, and all the other teams are at least two years removed from the last time they played in the tournament. This is the year when anybody can win which is why I say why not Alabama.

my thinking never changes Lou. one at a time.
Agree- Bama can win. Just more parity now than ever. I am just not “ expecting” a great tourney run- hoping very much for one though. Bama has a chance.

Reactions: xcop
I think with our B+ game, we can play with anyone but Gonzaga, Baylor, Texas, Kansas and the Top 4 in the Big 10 (Illinois, OSU, Michigan, & Iowa). It will take an A or better game to beat those teams. Although, Michigan & Iowa have injuries. Another team that has impressed me is Oklahoma State.

This team is not those teams. This team is talented, focused, confident, and playing with a purpose. I'm expecting a deep run.

Last edited:
Reactions: pfaud001 and xcop
I think with our B+ game, we can play with anyone but Gonzaga, Baylor, Texas, Kansas and the Top 4 in the Big 10 (Illinois, OSU, Michigan, & Iowa). It will take an A or better game to beat those teams. Although, Michigan & Iowa have injuries. Another team that has impressed me is Oklahoma State.
I think this is very accurate. We need to be good this weekend, then catch fire next weekend

Reactions: pfaud001 and xcop

Oklahoma State has played lights out lately! But the Committee f’d them by probably matching them up vs West Va again.

Ive put 5 brackets in and have us in the final 4 in 4/5. One being a bust bracket. Winning the tourney and securing the top 2 seed really helped. We are in the easiest region imo

• Love
Reactions: pfaud001
Yep all those teams have quality bigs and depth considering UofM and Iowa are healthy. Will take 40% from 3 and 10 or less turnovers to beat UofM and Zags. Others too but those are who we will play besides texas and im not sold on the B12 this year. They have a group of good teams a lot like the SEC

My bracket has a final four of Kansas, Alabama, Baylor and Illinois....

Yes I'm looking thru Crimson glasses while drinking the koolaid and feeding the board a lot of rat poison....

I got Oklahoma putting out Gonzaga in round of 32....

Bama takes down Michigan with a 3 point shot from Ellis at the buzzer.

My expectation is to stomp Iona, then everything else should be a dog fight. After the first round everyone left is about a top 30 team, so they should be a threat. Without Livers, we got the weakest 1 seed with Michigan, who I think will get taken out by either LSU or FSU. Feel like we can beat UConn or Maryland, but either will be a good challenge. Everything after that is a coin flip. Seems like any of the top 4 seeds in our region could go to the Final 4. Says a lot that we are a 2-seed and in a position to have these conversations! Hope we can survive and advance. Roll Tide

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT